Valvoline Flexfill Full-Syn 75W-140 Gear Oil 4pk. $27.80, Amazon

I had a similar experience with Aisin WS transmission fluid recently. Amazon refunded my money without having to actually talk to someone and I got to keep the one quart the vendor actually shipped.

I would imagine this costing them a few thousand dollars in error filled orders and paying for any returns would cost them even more. Would like to know if the listing error was theirs or Amazon?

I would imagine this costing them a few thousand dollars in error filled orders and paying for any returns would cost them even more. Would like to know if the listing error was theirs or Amazon?
someone is lying or dishonest, they changed the price again, but not the quantity

someone is lying or dishonest, they changed the price again, but not the quantity
Or they changed it to a vendor that understands and can delivery the quantity stated.

Amazon listings are fluid in that it comes and goes who is fulfilling them to included themselves.

"I got a rock" (in my best Charlie Brown voice)

Now the fun begins.

If others get a response please post it, I believe we have a trend emerging ;)

20240516_134745.jpg

Last edited:
Buddy got two bottles instead of two cases (8). Amazon said they would issue a refund but didn’t say the amount. He may just start a return. I haven’t heard anymore as of this afternoon…..

Got mine also. My guess would be that its not worth the cost to ship it back. I know I am not paying for it. If I was feeling generous I may have dropped it off at the UPS store when I was out running errands but I wouldnt have made a special trip and it would for sure be on their dime.

Negative. They probably shipped hundreds at double the price 1Qt would cost, only a small % of those people will go to the PITA it is to return the item for 20X dollars. I thought about not returning it myself, but I'm going to do it even though it isn't worth my time.

Negative. They probably shipped hundreds at double the price 1Qt would cost, only a small % of those people will go to the PITA it is to return the item for 20X dollars. I thought about not returning it myself, but I'm going to do it even though it isn't worth my time.
It took like two minutes to request a refund, which they did without asking for the shipped product back. If people kept the product and did not protest the unshipped quantity and not ask for a refund, then I would be curious what their income bracket is if two minutes of time is not worth recovering $27.80?

It took like two minutes to request a refund, which they did without asking for the shipped product back. If people kept the product and did not protest the unshipped quantity and not ask for a refund, then I would be curious what their income bracket is if two minutes of time is not worth recovering $27.80?
Enough that they don't get anywhere near stinky gear lube.

Back