Valvoline Flexfill Full-Syn 75W-140 Gear Oil 4pk. $27.80, Amazon

1715778007741.jpg

Just got my package, it was only 1 quart. :(
Wrote the seller and waiting to hear back.
That is not even a good deal for one quart. Close to twice the price as it should be.
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 13-52-17 Amazon.com Valvoline FlexFill Full Synthetic SAE 75W-140 Gea...jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 13-48-46 Order Details.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 13-49-25 Amazon.com Valvoline Flexfill SAE 75W-140 Full Synthetic Gea...jpg

They changed the price as of this morning. This would be more in line with a "good deal". The top screen shot is yesterday evening at purchase. They know they messed up.

Just heard
Just got my package, it was only 1 quart. :(
Wrote the seller and waiting to hear back.

Just heard back. They said it was a listing error. They gave me a refund and let amazon know to remove/update their listing.

So no 4 quarts but good follow up and service from 4wheel.

Just heard

Just heard back. They said it was a listing error. They gave me a refund and let amazon know to remove/update their listing.

So no 4 quarts but good follow up and service from 4wheel.
well they changed the listing price but not the quantity. So what is the mis-print?

Yeah, but most of us knew going in to it, had high probability of going this way. At a minimum, I will get refunded and possibly a free quart for my trouble if they tell me to keep it.
Well, here is the thing.....

37 or 27$ ....neither is a good deal for one quart, not even close, so it could be that the listing was true, clearance perhaps. I am so sick of businesses just writing it off as a mistake. Perhaps it is just us, the consumer wasting our own time.

Further, as I showed in my above screen shots, they increased the price over night, for some reason, to 37$, making the listing make less sense.

So are they trying to sell 1 quart for 37?, or one quart for 27?

Which is why it sure seemed like it wasn't a listing error. Given the ~$9.50 clearance at WM a few months ago, the $7/qt price wasn't that far fetched.
I agree. I think i will fight this one. Normally if see a deal like 4 5 qt jugs for the price of one, I dont bite, because I know it is to good to be true.

They should honor the advertised price, especially after changing the price overnight.

Well, here is the thing.....

37 or 27$ ....neither is a good deal for one quart, not even close, so it could be that the listing was true, clearance perhaps. I am so sick of businesses just writing it off as a mistake. Perhaps it is just us, the consumer wasting our own time.

Further, as I showed in my above screen shots, they increased the price over night, for some reason, to 37$, making the listing make less sense.

So are they trying to sell 1 quart for 37?, or one quart for 27?
Sorry, not wasting the mental capital to figure that out. I and everybody else bought in good faith a advertised listing of 4qt case quantity. It is between Amazon and the listed third party seller to figure out the disconnect, not me.

Sorry, not wasting the mental capital to figure that out. I and everybody else bought in good faith a advertised listing of 4qt case quantity. It is between Amazon and the listed third party seller to figure out the disconnect, not me.
I'll report back when I get mine in the mail.

I had a similar issue with oil a couple years ago. It was listed as 3 jugs and I only got one. I was out of town when it was dropped off so I couldnt return it. I had to argue with "Bob" in some third world call center. I eventually got them to credit the 2/3's of the price for what I didnt get but the investment in time was really not worth it. It was kinda fun arguing with Bob though. :cool:

Reactions: D60
Back