Valvoline Engine Guarantee program discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PandaBear
Originally Posted by javacontour
I recall discussing this before.

I think they had a few ways out. They were not going to put a $3000 engine in a beater worth $500. They would cut you a check for $500 and say thanks for playing.

This.

By the time your car is at 250k and worn out (whatever that means, how do you prove it), and died NOT DUE TO COOLING SYSTEM OR HEAD GASKET FAILURE, they can always pay you a KBB price and call it a day. For every one that fail there'll be another 500 that didn't fail.

Or any other non-lubrication related failure, or a soft camshaft, worn/jumped timing chain, etc. At 250K the car's not going to be worth fighting over, rust claims most of them here long before then.

Theta / Theta II may have put the Valvoline Engine Guarantee to a screeching halt. The short maintenance period may produce new wording that says.......

..........................................................................We Ain't Guaranteeing Nuthin' From Kia Or Hyundai.................................................

Maybe a Hemi ate a cam. I can here them say something like you went over 4k and we ain't gonna cover it. Look at the requirements of the guarantee and one reason I didn't sign up. 4k is very short when OLM is set to 10k or once a year .

Originally Posted by kschachn
No doubt. The funny thing is that it's not even a question about making a claim under the program, it's about registering a new vehicle - which the sponsor is clearly able to discontinue at any time should they choose to do so.

Thanks for the replies. As I said, my primary concern was, "Valvoline's website said that the program is discontinued". I message Valvoline inquiring on the status of the program/how to upload receipts & information for currently registered vehicle, and a couple hours later the website says that they are undergoing a short maintenance period... hence, my inquiry on if anyone had additional information, beyond the already obvious: "The guarantee program is undergoing a short maintenance period. We'll be back on the road shortly!".

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back