Valvoline Engine Guarantee program discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I went to register another vehicle (recent acquisition) for the Valvoline Engine Guarantee program, and Valvoline's website said that the program is discontinued. The login link was disabled, so there isn't even any option available now to upload receipts/update service record for the vehicle I already have registered for the program. I looked a few minutes ago and the website now says: "The guarantee program is undergoing a short maintenance period. We'll be back on the road shortly!".

The objective of my post is not to start a discussion on the pros/cons of Valvoline's oil or their Engine Guarantee program. I simply was wondering if any of you have intel or additional information on the current and future status of this program?

Thank you in advance.

Originally Posted by hillbillybutter
The objective of my post is not to start a discussion on the pros/cons of Valvoline's oil or their Engine Guarantee program. I simply was wondering if any of you have intel or additional information on the current and future status of this program?

The guarantee program is undergoing a short maintenance period. It will be back on the road shortly.

"shortly" is up to interpretation. In the lifetime of our planet, a few thousand years would be shortly.

Most people would assume a website conversion to take a few days max.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
They finally must have had to replace an engine.

This reminds me of all the snake oil peddlers promising to cover anything if you use their product. When we have had to use it they use every reason possible for not covering it.

I recall discussing this before.

I think they had a few ways out. They were not going to put a $3000 engine in a beater worth $500. They would cut you a check for $500 and say thanks for playing.

Yeah, that was my thought too. Somebody finally came up a winnar!
banana2.gif

And yet despite all the carping and flapping about the program, the website is just undergoing maintenance and will be up again soon.

Originally Posted by kschachn
And yet despite all the carping and flapping about the program, the website is just undergoing maintenance and will be up again soon.

But that isn't as fun as proclaiming the sky is falling.

No doubt. The funny thing is that it's not even a question about making a claim under the program, it's about registering a new vehicle - which the sponsor is clearly able to discontinue at any time should they choose to do so.

That is not the objective of this post.

It is racist, misogynistic and offensive in so many other ways that it is simply wrong

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
I remember this happening to the Armorall lifetime dash replacement guarantee quite some time ago.

What, the registration website being temporarily down for maintenance?

Originally Posted by javacontour
I recall discussing this before.

I think they had a few ways out. They were not going to put a $3000 engine in a beater worth $500. They would cut you a check for $500 and say thanks for playing.

This.

By the time your car is at 250k and worn out (whatever that means, how do you prove it), and died NOT DUE TO COOLING SYSTEM OR HEAD GASKET FAILURE, they can always pay you a KBB price and call it a day. For every one that fail there'll be another 500 that didn't fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back