Valvoline buy One get One 50% off

Valvoline is offering a buy One get One 50% off motor oil with no promo code needed, just add the items into your cart.... only motor oil, everything else is excluded.

It's a decent deal but misleading at best especially if you add items into your cart that have different prices, also you have to watch changing the quantities as it seems to have a mind of it's own and then double that number. I was going to get a few more jugs of their Euro oil but honestly it just wasn't worth it but was able to get their 10w40 synthetic motorcycle oil for a decent price at $8.24 qt, Walmart & Amazon are both $9.97. I ended up getting 30 qts which is enough for 14 oil changes in the bike but more realistically it's a lifetime supply.

Valvoline is offering a buy One get One 50% off motor oil with no promo code needed, just add the items into your cart.... only motor oil, everything else is excluded.

It's a decent deal but misleading at best especially if you add items into your cart that have different prices, also you have to watch changing the quantities as it seems to have a mind of it's own and then double that number. I was going to get a few more jugs of their Euro oil but honestly it just wasn't worth it but was able to get their 10w40 synthetic motorcycle oil for a decent price at $8.24 qt, Walmart & Amazon are both $9.97. I ended up getting 30 qts which is enough for 14 oil changes in the bike but more realistically it's a lifetime supply.

They exclude the 12qt garage boxes from the deal as well.

$36 for 5 quarts.. my goodness! Probably have to pay shipping too. It avg's out to be cheaper from WM. Unless their running a rebate on top of this it is no deal.

No “Restore & Protect” oil either… Valvoline’s new owners are screwups!
My first thought was wondering if Restore and Protect was on there, thanks scouting it out.

Doubt we will see sales on Valvoline’s new baby for a while. Best option will probably be if it shows up at Wally’s or gets included in an oil change bundle at AZ.

Yes that's why I mentioned that it didn't seem to be worth it. Walmart doesn't carry their Euro 5w30 but does have the 5w40 and the Pennzoil is still cheaper at $26.44, also why I looked at the motorcycle oil instead, still wasn't that great but was cheaper that running into Walmart and also got free shipping. I also tried their manual transmission fluid which was not included so I didn't order it, if you buy more you they'll give you a discount on that but still too much.

I also tried getting their diesel 10w30 oil but would only let me choose 1 and it really messed up the prices in the cart, they'd let me have that item dirt cheap at $12.50 but then another item went up, I compared the two and I tried messing around with it to come out right and adding that extra jug of oil increased the total by $40 so I must've lost a discount on the more expensive oil. It didn't compute when it sells for $24.99. Their cart is terrible and couldn't get the quantities right, I even tried two different browsers with no change. When I would go back and forward it seemed to take what I had and then add that much again into it.

Last edited:
They do have a subscribe feature from 1-6 months that gives you 10% or 20% off depending on the oil and brought it closer to Walmart pricing but again not available for everything. I also worked with the buy One get One 50% off but at the end unless you cancel you'd basically be purchasing it at their full retail price minus the percentage off which I did not like.

You have to watch them, I just received an email about items left on my cart but was all random that I know that I never would've added such as VR1, 0w16, and others. I think it's so you go back in there and may see something you like.

When going through the link in my email using my phone the items kept coming back even though I had deleted them so then I went to the Valvoline website directly without using their link and the cart was empty.

Thought I would update this thread... I went back on 12/25 and ordered 2x of their 5w40 diesel oil and also 2x 10w30, I received the 5w40 but the 10w30 ended up being out of stock and they just now cancelled that part of the order. I only placed the order to get the 10w30 and wouldn't have placed it otherwise. I basically ended up paying full price for the 5w40 and they only refunded me the $24.87 which was for both of the other jugs. IMO they should also refund the 50% off the 5w40 since they changed the deal.

I was actually hoping to find another SN rated 10w30 diesel oil since Delo is practically unavailable and found Valvoline has landed in the same boat.

I recently ordered 10 quarts of the 504/507 5W30 and 5 quarts of the VR1 and a sheet of stickers. Delivered to my door it was $90 so a pretty good deal in comparison to walmart/amazon or NAPA etc for ANY brand 504/507 5W30 or VR1 equivalent.

Thought I would update this thread... I went back on 12/25 and ordered 2x of their 5w40 diesel oil and also 2x 10w30, I received the 5w40 but the 10w30 ended up being out of stock and they just now cancelled that part of the order. I only placed the order to get the 10w30 and wouldn't have placed it otherwise. I basically ended up paying full price for the 5w40 and they only refunded me the $24.87 which was for both of the other jugs. IMO they should also refund the 50% off the 5w40 since they changed the deal.

I was actually hoping to find another SN rated 10w30 diesel oil since Delo is practically unavailable and found Valvoline has landed in the same boat.
That sucks. They should've done some sort of discount for you.

That sucks. They should've done some sort of discount for you.
I didn't have time today but hopefully be able to email them about it. I think it's fair since it was buy one get one 50% off, I couldn't get the other ones so it should carry over instead and would be the same if I had never added the 10w30 to the order.

I didn't have time today but hopefully be able to email them about it. I think it's fair since it was buy one get one 50% off, I couldn't get the other ones so it should carry over instead and would be the same if I had never added the 10w30 to the order.
You presumably bought these jugs of oil for the discounted price. Valvoline took you money then once you got half the order canceled the other half. I'm not saying they owe you 50% off but after all that you probably paid more for their lack of inventory transparency. They sold you something they didn't have and you paid the price unfortunately. Just as an example If they were willing to take back the oil at their cost then I suppose they would be making it somewhat right in the end. It's interesting that an oil company as big as Valvoline is "Out of Stock" of oil... :ROFLMAO: I've heard it all at this point I think. Anyways, thanks for the update.

I just sent them an email and tried to be polite as possible about it, basically they refunded me the portion for the order they could not complete but that the promotion was buy one get one 50% off and after the refund I effectively lost out and it should've carried over when they couldn't fulfill the order.

You presumably bought these jugs of oil for the discounted price. Valvoline took you money then once you got half the order canceled the other half. I'm not saying they owe you 50% off but after all that you probably paid more for their lack of inventory transparency. They sold you something they didn't have and you paid the price unfortunately. Just as an example If they were willing to take back the oil at their cost then I suppose they would be making it somewhat right in the end. It's interesting that an oil company as big as Valvoline is "Out of Stock" of oil... :ROFLMAO: I've heard it all at this point I think. Anyways, thanks for the update.
I received a response and basically said the plant was supposed to hold the order and ship complete and sent me a refund, when I checked the one from PayPal it was the amount for the remaining 2x jugs of the 5w40 that I did receive.

I received a response and basically said the plant was supposed to hold the order and ship complete and sent me a refund, when I checked the one from PayPal it was the amount for the remaining 2x jugs of the 5w40 that I did receive.
You did everything right. Thanks for the update. Do you plan on doing any oil analysis on the 5w-40?

Back