Value of 2006 Corolla?

Well the shipping company came through, guess I'm going to be a Toyota owner 🥳

qMrYRYy.jpg
Makes no sense to ship a 267,000 mile 15 year old $2,500 rust belt car from Philly to Phoenix to sell it. How much did shipping add to your cost? $1,000? People in Phoenix used to seeing rust-free cars will see the slightest bit of rust on it and call it a rust bucket that people in Philly wound't even bat an eye at. Would have brought at least $3k back east.

That car would sell here with that mileage for 3-5k right now. Everyone wants corollas for their high school or college kids in this town and they are hard to find.

The car in the picture looks like it has 67k miles instead of 267k miles. They are excellent vehicles. Still miss the 05 Matrix that was traded in last November. The car will grow on the OP with every mile. Trust me.

I, too, think they are excellent vehicles. More than ten years ago I searched out and bought a 2005 Corolla LE for daughter no. 2. Still has it and it still drives really nicely. Typical Toyota Corolla... slightly less refined engine than my '97 Civic EX, definitely more refined automatic than my Civic EX.

Having said this, my '99 Corolla with exactly the same transmission has had a noisy final drive gear for the last 30,000 miles. That is not an unknown malady for the A245E (??) automatic... Isn't getting worse though. My '99 Corolla has about 125,000 miles.

I filled an entire trash bag with sheets, towels, throw rugs. She had them layered! After I got them all off, it revealed a brand new interior. Even the trunk and all the mats are perfect. She even threw in new engine and cabin air filters!

Vm1Rxcc.jpg

fmYsySq.jpg

Discovered this is actually a 2005 with 294k. It has almost new Yokohamas, all fluids are perfect, recent coolant flush, trans fluid and oil change...all are full and look new, gauges are surprisingly nice. Now for the bad...air bag light is on, you can see a little rust on the quarters and rockers, the rust on the strut tower is a little worse than I thought (I can feel the metal is soft when I really push on it) and that battery is 4 years old and looks sketch. I'm not concerned about the rust since it is now in the desert, but it probably would have only lasted another winter or two back in PA.

n3y3ais.jpg

JOCWMO6.jpg

VYMtcAl.jpg

gwtNR7H.jpg

The transmission ??? The valve stem seals??? (at nearly300,000 miles). If it's a 2005, and the door handles are body coloured, and it does not have Sport crap hanging off the rocker panels... is it an LE? Why then does it have steel wheels and non OEM wheel covers? State of ABS unit?

Maybe the prb here is that I know the cdn spec cars, not the US spec cars...

Last edited:
Needs a $55 Walmart Value Power battery. I got 45 months out of my last one on the Camry.

That's the plan! Debating on tinting the windows too...I feel ridiculous putting any money into this car and it's kind of ghetto tinting a 16 year old Corolla but they really are a necessity. Added bonus no one can see me driving this heap. 😂

Last edited:
The transmission ??? The valve stem seals??? (at nearly300,000 miles). If it's a 2005, and the door handles are body coloured, and it does not have Sport crap hanging off the rocker panels... is it an LE? Why then does it have steel wheels and non OEM wheel covers? State of ABS unit?

Maybe the prb here is that I know the cdn spec cars, not the US spec cars...

🤷‍♂️ I know nothing about Corollas or Toyotas in general. It's an LE and the wheel covers have the Toyota logo...it seems to be optioned out decently for 2005 so I am surprised it has steelies. I rode in it for the first time today! I was a passenger for the .5 mi to dinner and drove it the .5 mi back home. Seems to drive just fine, the steering was a bit heavier than I expected...in a good way. Brake feel is awful in typical Toyota fashion.

Discovered this is actually a 2005 with 294k. It has almost new Yokohamas, all fluids are perfect, recent coolant flush, trans fluid and oil change...all are full and look new, gauges are surprisingly nice. Now for the bad...air bag light is on, you can see a little rust on the quarters and rockers, the rust on the strut tower is a little worse than I thought (I can feel the metal is soft when I really push on it) and that battery is 4 years old and looks sketch. I'm not concerned about the rust since it is now in the desert, but it probably would have only lasted another winter or two back in PA.
The $64000 question... does the A/C blow cold?

Remember the odometer stops working at 299,999 miles. Then you have to keep track with the two trip meters. PA state inspection may have failed the car for rust. What did she get as a replacement?

Last edited:
Back