value craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are made by Champ Labs, who I belive also makes Walmart SuperTech filters. They are probably good enough for the price.

Last edited:
when the valuecraft oil filter *first* came out, it was a fram.
Cut open it was 100% the same as the OCOD eqivalent.
You could get a VC oil filter and 4 quarts of oil and change your oil literally for $8 (this was 8 years ago too).

Its Champ labs Ecores now...basically identical to Supertech. When I worked at Autozone I sold the VC filters all the time on the commercial side. Just about every single one was an E-core, with a few exceptions here and there. But they were all champion labs.

Ecore - hecho en Mexico

Ole'!!!!!

Take the junkiest filter design you ever saw and build it in the cheapest place you could imagine.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Ecore - hecho en Mexico

Ole'!!!!!

Take the junkiest filter design you ever saw and build it in the cheapest place you could imagine.

Just wanted to clarify...the ecore filter is not built in Mexico. It is 100% built in the US.

I can't comment however on your opinion of the design.

I do know that the Valucraft filter has been discontinued and replaced with Fram's Autolite brand across the board.

Thanks,
Mason

Originally Posted By: Hannibal
I do know that the Valucraft filter has been discontinued and replaced with Fram's Autolite brand across the board.

Thanks,
Mason

when did this happen? Valucraft filters are still readily available. Or do you mean that the Ecore Valucraft is a thing of the past?

Last edited:
The Champ labs filters have been easy to spot... AA's house brand "Total Grip" was one of my favs for a long time. I needed the big Ford filter... for a Crown Vic. The Wally World filter was the same one for a long time.. then one day it WASN'T. It got a half inch shorter, and the inside of the filter was poorly braced. That wasn't the Champ Labs I remembered. Went back and got some more AA's and they were the ones I remembered. When in doubt, hold it up to the light and look inside... you can recognize most major makers.

Originally Posted By: kemo
Originally Posted By: Hannibal

when did this happen? Valucraft filters are still readily available. Or do you mean that the Ecore Valucraft is a thing of the past?

The total Valucraft filter offering will be phased out in favor of the Autolite brand filters. Some areas still have VC and others have already converted.

Autolite is manufactured by Fram.

Originally Posted By: MisterVTRH
The Champ labs filters have been easy to spot... AA's house brand "Total Grip" was one of my favs for a long time. I needed the big Ford filter... for a Crown Vic. The Wally World filter was the same one for a long time.. then one day it WASN'T. It got a half inch shorter, and the inside of the filter was poorly braced. That wasn't the Champ Labs I remembered. Went back and got some more AA's and they were the ones I remembered. When in doubt, hold it up to the light and look inside... you can recognize most major makers.

To my knowledge, the Total Grip filter was always manufactured by Purolator.

The SuperTech that came from WM was a transition from standard construction to ecore construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back