Val HM blend 10w-30 and Napa syn 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering with all these sales going on.... I bought a case of napa syn 5w-30 and a case of Valvoline HM blend 10w-30...can I go ahead and in my 4 qt holding cars, blend 2 qts of each? and what exactly will I get? my cars call for 5w-30.

Last edited:
if they call for 5w30 use it if you have high mileage and you are burning or leaking a small amount use high mileage 5w30
i say this to all my customers years ago thick was the oil to use 10w40 20w50 etc... Today with bearing clearances you hardly can shine light through use what it calls for...the 5w flows faster than the 10w it might be only a second or two depending on the temperature but it makes a differance..When we rebuild an engine we warrantee it for one year and even if 14 months go by and there is a problem not caused by overheating,reving or neglect we will still fix it free but if we do an oil sample and the oil is of the wrong viscosity that can change things.. Use what the engine requires unless there is a good reason to go thick like excessive oil burning then the next grade up hm will be ok to use...HM oils do help if it is seal related we have been using that a lot with great success use a name brand valvoline/Pennzoil/ conoco phillips etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back