Vacationing in Jerusalem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife died. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land, for $150."

The man thought about it and told him he would just have her shipped home. The undertaker asked, "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here, and you would spend only $150?"

The man replied, "Long ago a man died and was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance."

Originally Posted By: Shannow
It's a wife joke, not racist/religious.

I thought this was obvious!
LOL.gif

I could see it being racist if the man was a Jew, but that wasn't part of the joke. In fact, it's obvious that the man isn't a Jew.

Maybe I'm missing something here?

Good one, Mori.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I could see it being racist if the man was a Jew, but that wasn't part of the joke.

Bingo.

Of course, it's subject to interpretation, which is why you need to be careful with who you share it with.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I could see it being racist if the man was a Jew, but that wasn't part of the joke.

Bingo.

Of course, it's subject to interpretation, which is why you need to be careful with who you share it with.

How is that Bingo...you read too much into it that wasn't there.

I asked my 6yo daughter the riddle from the other week.

"What's red and smells like blue paint ?"
instantly she said "Red paint, silly"

I've also asked many very intelligent engineers over the last week...all have pondered for a couple of minutes before caving.

Read too much into it.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Bingo.

How is that Bingo...you read too much into it that wasn't there.

I asked my 6yo daughter the riddle from the other week.

"What's red and smells like blue paint ?"
instantly she said "Red paint, silly"

I've also asked many very intelligent engineers over the last week...all have pondered for a couple of minutes before caving.

Read too much into it.

I'll just say that if I told this joke to my co-workers, I'd probably be fired in no time at my place of employment.

Let's start a new country on private property.
Let's name it Race.
We'll all be Racists and can start suing everybody for calling us racists. Or NOT calling us racists!
AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Someone's just trying to call me a racist in an underhanded way.
LOL.gif

(visions of C3PO when R2 was playing the wookie)

It was a fair move. Screaming about it won't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back