Uv dye for specific applications

I am looking for uv dye to add to my g05 coolant to find a small leak.

I see there is gm for dexcool and then for coolant or oil.
Then I see there is supercool multi use uv dye, but the reviews and comments caution against using it in coolant.

Ideally I would like to buy one bottle and be able to use it in all of my car's fluids in case of future leaks. Is there any formula that can provide this and what type of issues could I expect using the wrong dye for an application?

Here goes me at AAP again, for AC systems UV dyes are a must, for coolant, i don't recall a dye but you could rent, actually free on return a tool that locked into radiator and you pumped it to add pressure, infact my girl friend with the 2009 Chevy had this exact issue, she had the radiator replaced because the transmission cooler inside the radiator leaked,$600 later and she gives me a ride to Walmart and no Antifreeze, she bought a gallon of 50/50 I bought full non diluted gallon, her Cobalt 2009 took both, end story, a pin hole in a connecting pipe caused the leak, another $175, again never seen coolant specific but a little of the AC dye shouldn't hurt anything.

Thanks for all of the replies. I went with acdelco for dexcool, as it was the only coolant specific dye i found. It says it is dye and water on the package, so hopefully safe in non-dex. This is all preparing for a flush soon anyways.

I did try searching out the leak before the dye, and did not see anything besides unrelated stuff light up in the engine bay. It is a enough small leak, maybe thinking about it and looking at it sorted things.

I will put some more effort into finding it with the dye added before i flush the system.

I use their 4 in 1 dye for petroleum based liquids.

I have added half the bottle of dye. I thought maybe I saw a glowing ring around the edge of a hose.

I have not been able to otherwise detect the leak since adding the dye

I think I will add my new coolant, adjust the hose clamp and hold on to the other half bottle in case it returns

Back