USPS STILL IN NO CARRY LOAD

Now on Day 8 waiting for a 2-day priority package that weighs 2 pounds from Tuscon AZ to Kansas City. Last 2 orders from this specialty coffee roaster have taken 8 and 11 days. Looks like were in the running for a new record.
It arrived on Day 11. Dang, no new record!

They are too big to fail...
fedex is ok
ups is good
amazon delivery is great
usps usually groups mail and delivers every 2-3 days to my house, which is ok for me

i wish usps would increase prices and price themselves out of the market, would stop a lot of junk mail I get

Last edited:
Ordered heat lamps from Amazon last week. Got a delivery notification 2 days ago that UPS left the package on my front porch. I found that interesting since I was sitting at my desk in front of the front window when the delivery notification came through. I saw a UPS truck go by a little bit later but he never stopped. So somebody else has my heat lamps and is not volunteering to bring them down here. Thanks UPS for yet another failure. I think they're competing with USPS for number of lost packages to this address.

Now on Day 8 waiting for a 2-day priority package that weighs 2 pounds from Tuscon AZ to Kansas City. Last 2 orders from this specialty coffee roaster have taken 8 and 11 days. Looks like were in the running for a new record.
Are you sure your coffee roaster used Priority 2 Day Mail? For a small order like yours, that seems unlikely compared to standard shipping.

Are you sure your coffee roaster used Priority 2 Day Mail? For a small order like yours, that seems unlikely compared to standard shipping.
It is shipped in the fixed rate large envelope. Would take a pic of the envelope cept it is covered with bacon grease in the trash can. The envelope clearly states 2-day Priority in Red, White and Blue. The reason I buy from this place is that they blend or have available, the single origin coffees needed to make Real Mocha Java. Oh well it's good that Trader Joe's has a really good Organic Bolivian for a good price that is super tasty. Only problem it is a 60 mile round trip. Other items are purchased during my every other month trip.

Be careful what you ask for.

For sure on that.

Like said above, they're ALL operating beyond capacity these days w/ everyone mail-ordering everything.

The service you get with any of these carriers is greatly dependent on where you live. They can all be hit/miss.

There are a bunch of whiny man-children in this thread.

Non-vaccinated old and sick people afraid to leave the house are waiting for medicine, life supporting stuff, and you're whining about oil samples getting delayed.

The USPS is hobbled by

-- Louis DeJoy, who has a financial interest in the competition. He was put in power by the previous administration and the current one is working to get him out. His "reforms" were mostly smashing perfectly good sorting machines.

-- a manpower shortage, caused by the need to pre-fund every new hire's pension for a ridiculous amount of time. Said requirement is not made of other (quasi) government agencies or private industries. Again, the motivation behind this is a hope that the USPS will fail. This prefunded pension is a giant slush fund that coincidentally exists to make the national debt look smaller so rich guys can be taxed less.

A post office is infrastructure, meant to help a 1st world country trade and communicate amongst itself. It's not meant to be a profit center, it's a public service. It's as important as roads, electricity, and internet. I hope those working to make it better, succeed. As to the stuff I order online, I respect that it's got the lowest priority behind all the medications and whatnot.

I shipped a package via FedEx 2/23/21 from N.C. to Ohio. It moved 15 miles in the first 48 hours. It’s now in Benton, Illinois with tracking saying it’s scheduled for delivery today. :unsure: All transportation services are swimming upstream, not just the USPS.
Update: FedEx tracking this morning is saying my package is out for delivery in Joplin, Mo, six days after picking it up in N.C. I’ll post again when it is actually delivered.

There are a bunch of whiny man-children in this thread.

Non-vaccinated old and sick people afraid to leave the house are waiting for medicine, life supporting stuff, and you're whining about oil samples getting delayed.

The USPS is hobbled by

-- Louis DeJoy, who has a financial interest in the competition. He was put in power by the previous administration and the current one is working to get him out. His "reforms" were mostly smashing perfectly good sorting machines.

-- a manpower shortage, caused by the need to pre-fund every new hire's pension for a ridiculous amount of time. Said requirement is not made of other (quasi) government agencies or private industries. Again, the motivation behind this is a hope that the USPS will fail. This prefunded pension is a giant slush fund that coincidentally exists to make the national debt look smaller so rich guys can be taxed less.

A post office is infrastructure, meant to help a 1st world country trade and communicate amongst itself. It's not meant to be a profit center, it's a public service. It's as important as roads, electricity, and internet. I hope those working to make it better, succeed. As to the stuff I order online, I respect that it's got the lowest priority behind all the medications and whatnot.
USPS didn’t have a problem during election time in November rounding up all those so called mail in ballots. So I don’t buy your story.
I have a co-worker that was employed by the post office a few years ago, he was reprimanded for working to fast.....The USPS is a disaster

I have a number of retired postal workers as neighbors who are competent people. They say the PO is Running everyone off then hiring part time workers. They are hoping FedEx or Ups or Amazon will take over. I doubt Fedex or UPS would want such an incompetent organization.
The subject comes up every year, but the Postal Service will never be privatized due to the federal mandate that all USA residents receive mail service. There are some parts of the USA where mail is transported by sea planes, snowmobiles and small boats. Who really thinks a public or private corporation would do that in the boondocks? And those same companies would never be allowed to skim off the cream and leave the rest to the USPS.

Be careful what you ask for.
X2 ^ The USPS is a for profit entity of the U.S. government. No taxpayer money is used in the day to day operations of the USPS. There isn’t a private company in the U.S. that could do what the USPS does 6 days a week to every postal address in the U.S. and I’ve seen many mail trucks out and about on Sunday. The private transportation companies know this or privatization would have happened decades ago. The USPS legacy obligations (union benefits, ie, retirement pay, medical benefits, etc) have hobbled it for decades and will continue to do so. Right now, I don’t see it as being any better or worse in most cases to UPS or FedEx.

Just mailed an oil sample to ALS in Valley View (Cleveland) Ohio. Was picked up at my house at 4:01pm today. Estimated delivery date is Friday (5th). The weather is perfect in the Midwest. Sample was disguised in a light blue and white Amazon padded mailing pack.

Let's see how long it takes it to cover 400 miles.

Update: FedEx tracking this morning is saying my package is out for delivery in Joplin, Mo, six days after picking it up in N.C. I’ll post again when it is actually delivered.
^^^Yes! My package was received at 2:42 pm today. FedEx took 6 days from N.C. to Ohio. Seriously, I‘ll take that in these trying times! (y)

After 2 months, the USPS finally delivered my sample to Polaris. Sent it on February 8th, delivered it on April 8th. Go USPS!

Back