Used Modules & GM Techline Connect?

The last couple times I tried to program a used GM module via TLC.....The program will shutdown &/or have error messages. These are not obscure or global platforms either. Last was a used 0411 service number PCM in a 2002 Silverado which I have forced new calibrations into 1000 times over with the old SPS & a few times with SPS2/TLC/Autel J-box. I was eventually able to fool the system by selecting the wrong J-box, Then select the correct J-box after the error message.

Makes me miss the Tech 2 & TIS2Web right about now!

TLC is hot garbage, poorly optimized piece of software doesn't even begin to explain it.

Are you using an MDI? or an Autel J-Box?

There are some issues with Autel and TLC at the moment coupled with the fact that Sps2 really doesnt like class 2 vehicles like your 02 Silverado. I use TIS2000 and my tech 2 for anything class 2.

There are some issues with Autel and TLC at the moment coupled with the fact that Sps2 really doesnt like class 2 vehicles like your 02 Silverado. I use TIS2000 and my tech 2 for anything class 2.

It's not mine, I needed to swap PCM's on a customers truck that was bricked by a tuner, All I had was a V6/4.3L PCM but it had the same Service Number & OS as the 5.3L PCM. I was finally able to make it work after 76 tries :mad:.

I was using TLC just fine on VPW PCM's before the "big" update, Oh well....It is what it is. But I need to do something as I still work on a ton of GMT800 trucks, I have a Tech 2 & the serial cable, What's your recommendation on getting TIS2000 up & running? All my PC's are Widows 10.

It's not mine, I needed to swap PCM's on a customers truck that was bricked by a tuner, All I had was a V6/4.3L PCM but it had the same Service Number & OS as the 5.3L PCM. I was finally able to make it work after 76 tries :mad:.

I was using TLC just fine on VPW PCM's before the "big" update, Oh well....It is what it is. But I need to do something as I still work on a ton of GMT800 trucks, I have a Tech 2 & the serial cable, What's your recommendation on getting TIS2000 up & running? All my PC's are Widows 10.
tis2000 only runs on windows xp. I bought a toughbook set up including the security dongle

most people run TIS200 on a virtual machine, if you look you should be able to find it already set up and packaged on a virtual machine online for free.

I run Tech2Win on a VMware VM on my MacBook Pro. Initially it complained about knowing it was on a VM and wouldn't pop up the "Select MDI" window.

Had to edit the flags in the VMX file to report to the Guest OS that it wasn't a VMware VM but report back the Host hardware. Has worked flawlessly after that. Just an FYI if anyone goes down the VM route.

I have never tried to see if I could get TIS2000 going on an XP VM or XP machine for that matter. I do have my late-grandfather's Inspiron 6000 in mint condition sitting here. Hmmm.... might be worth a try. I have an MDI clone.

I ran into issues using my Autel J-box with Techline/SPS2 AT ALL right after this post, GM finally fixed the issue with another big update.

2008 Chevy 2500 6.0L/6L90E, Rebuilt the trans along with a Delco reman TECHM, SPS2 would not let me program the TECHM by itself, Had to program the ECM & TECHM together.

This sucks! For example......If someone has the AFM turned off in the ECM & they need a new TECHM, SPS2 it going to overwrite the ECM.

I've been trying to program the TCM (transmission control module) on a 2008 Saturn Vue. Need to load the latest calibration into it because the PCM was replaced with a new one with the latest calibration and now the odometer is counting double the actual distance travelled, which according to what I read is fixed by latest calibration on the TCM.

I get this error:

1678249940871.jpg

TCM communicates just fine with a scantool.

I've been meaning to call AC Delco's tech support about it. I've tried both a VCX Nano and an MDI and neither work.

I've been trying to program the TCM (transmission control module) on a 2008 Saturn Vue. Need to load the latest calibration into it because the PCM was replaced with a new one with the latest calibration and now the odometer is counting double the actual distance travelled, which according to what I read is fixed by latest calibration on the TCM.

I get this error:

View attachment 143821

TCM communicates just fine with a scantool.

I've been meaning to call AC Delco's tech support about it. I've tried both a VCX Nano and an MDI and neither work.
As of a few weeks ago Saturn programming was completely broken. Ive heard a lot of reports of what you describe with Saturns and no one I know has recently successfully programmed a Saturn. Need to call tech support and see if there is a fix yet

I have it running on a win 7 partition on my windows 10 laptop, when I need TIS2000 I go in boot manager and boot into the Win 7 drive.
I have the ISO file for TIS200 and a work around for the dongle, it works like a champ. Let me know if you need it.

Back