Used Liqui Moly MOS2 for the first time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far all I can say is... wow, what a difference! My grandfather was complaining that the cylinder 1 valve cover was leaking directly onto the exhaust on his tractor (he says leak, it was hemorrhaging). While I enjoyed no mosquito bites, I couldn't breathe driving it. I had to drain the oil to work and used the opportunity to add the MOS2 to my remaining 2 quarts of 15W-40 dino Rotella. I kept the oil filter as it had less than 20 hours on it. It was ~50ml per quart/liter. It's a John Deere 285 with the notorious Kawasaki FD590V water cooled engine (low quality plastic cam gears are a great idea on an 18+ HP motor). I wish I had done a before and after video of the noise the engine produced. I never thought it would make that much of a difference.

After reseating the o-ring seal with some #2 gasket maker for good measure, I added the oil. Since the first start, the engine is actually quiet. Like brand new out of the box quiet. The engine doesn't labor or create excessive noise when under the load of the deck belts and/or hills while cutting at the speeds I cut at (7-10mph). My grandfather cuts at 3-5mph which is my detail cutting speed and no issues even in the boggy part of the yard.

I was able to mow the entire 3/4 acre with less than 1 gallon in the tank. It hasn't been able to do that since I was 12 years old. All I can say is, I'm impressed. I decided to order the Liqui Moly 2020 seal revival to see if it helps the poor valve guide seals on my 89 Camaro 305 with 250k+ miles. The car has been consuming oil for 120k+ miles. I can't justify rebuilding such crummy heads on such a crummy engine, but it refuses to die or lose enough power to replace.

Anyone else tried this with such results on OPE?

I recently added the Liqu-Moly MoS2 to my Montero and Grand Marquis after changing the oil. Only change I noticed was when checking fuel economy it increased substantially. My Montero was consistently getting 16.5 mpg on the highway. After MoS2 it was getting 19.5 mpg very consistently. It has never done this well and summer fuel, temps over the years have never seen this jump. The grand Marquis has been getting 24 mpg on highway when cruising rather fast 75+ mph. Now I am seeing 28-29. I did not want to post until gathering more data but the results have sold me. Increased fuel economy easily pays for the cost ~ $8 / 12 oz bottle.

I run Liqui-Moly (ordered through Napa) in all my OPE and small engines, but more as a preventive measure. I've never tried it on a problem engine. Just for fun - I might pick up a cheap yard sale Briggs 3.5 push mower that smokes a little - just to try it out. lol

Last edited:
I ran LM. Gas mileage went up 800%. Engine was so smooth it never shut off. Hit the kill switch and it kept running. Didn't even have to add fuel. Man what a great additive.

slomo

Originally Posted By: slomo
I ran LM. Gas mileage went up 800%. Engine was so smooth it never shut off. Hit the kill switch and it kept running. Didn't even have to add fuel. Man what a great additive.

slomo

Another well thought-out comment which contributes greatly to the thread. I don't know how this board would survive without positive reinforcement and helpful support like this.

What a winner....

If you don't like it, don't comment. Never used it, then either say so or don't comment. If people want to spend THEIR money (not yours) on additives like this, believe me - we WILL.

Hit the road or troll somewhere else, please.

Last edited:
Last Fall, I tried MoS2 in a Briggs 10hp (aluminum - no iron liner) vintage approx 2000, with about 300 hours on it---- was recently starting to consume noticeable oil--having to add 8 oz or so after 4 hours of use. Added 2oz to a 1.5 qt oil capacity---magic---doesn't burn a single drop of oil and still has the same oil in it now
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back