Used agent to buy wholesale, and he is a BITOGer!

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
Steven is a great guy and a mental giant in the automotive world. He runs a Facebook page called "48 hours and a used car". This service is his semi retirement job and he is very good at it. But Steven does not do all the work in nailing down a 2016 or newer with <60,000 on the odometer, he gives you access to a famous auction site. You set filters for what you are looking for and create a search and search to your hearts content. Pick the best cars you searched for (new inventory is added 4x a week) and provide them to Steven for him to run a CarFax and do a detailed look at the auction pictures. Steve knows a range of what to offer at your approval. There is buyers agreement paperwork and down monies paid in advance. Purchase the vehicle and Steven will arrange transportation to your driveway and a 45 day temp tag.
I personally could not be more pleased with my recent '21 Honda HR-V EX with 32k on the clock purchase.

One more thing, when Steven says to call him when you are in front of a computer, please be in front of a computer ready to set yourself up to begin your new to you used car search!

Last edited:
I have a cousin named Steven, and a friend named Steven who used to live across the street from me. I am related to someone named Steven and the other Steven is a great friend.

That I am, and thanks a ton twouvakind for giving me a great review at BITOG.

This car buying service I developed was in full swing from late-2106 to early-2021.

Prices were reasonable at the wholesale auctions. My customers, most of which were either rideshare companies or other airport focused fleet businesses, were ordering up a storm. Everything was hitting on all cylinders until the chip shortage.

Then this business became one really tough business to run. Inventory for most late-model vehicles went between minimal and microscopic. The market didn't adjust to a realistic reality until late last year, and even now it's a bit elevated in terms of prices for popular models.

Everything is virtual at the wholesale auctions so when I pursue a vehicle, my competition bidding on that vehicle may be five states away. That wasn't the case before COVID.

At least now I'm seeing a lot more inventory and a healthy spread between wholesale and retail. It's mostly back to the 2019 norm.

If you want to see the site you can go here. And Dashboard Light can be found here.

All the best

Steven Lang

Last edited:
Thanks for the insider info!

The clunker market is crashing hard in Southern Maine, judging by all the cars for sale on the side of the road again.

That I am, and thanks a ton twouvakind for giving me a great review at BITOG.

This car buying service I developed was in full swing from late-2106 to early-2021.

Prices were reasonable at the wholesale auctions. My customers, most of which were either rideshare companies or other airport focused fleet businesses, were ordering up a storm. Everything was hitting on all cylinders until the chip shortage.

Then this business became one really tough business to run. Inventory for most late-model vehicles went between minimal and microscopic. The market didn't adjust to a realistic reality until late last year, and even now it's a bit elevated in terms of prices for popular models.

Everything is virtual at the wholesale auctions so when I pursue a vehicle, my competition bidding on that vehicle may be five states away. That wasn't the case before COVID.

At least now I'm seeing a lot more inventory and a healthy spread between wholesale and retail. It's mostly back to the 2019 norm.

If you want to see the site you can go here. And Dashboard Light can be found here.

All the best

Steven Lang
I didn't really think a service like this really existed but now that I'm aware of it sounds like a great option for everyday folks too. So to be clear you have the means or license to complete the sale on behalf of others that don't want to pay or get a license to buy these wholesale vehicles? Instead that fee can go to you and the buyer still gets a good deal.

I couldn't have said it better. You nailed it.

I have been a remarketing manager for Capital One Auto Finance and have been a dealer in the Atlanta area for over 20 years now.

Inspecting and appraising cars has been a part of my life ever since Bill Clinton was President.

In some states like NC, Wholesalers cannot sell to individuals at all. It is a scam here in NC.
It must go from a wholesaler to a dealer, if wholesaler is used, then to the customer. If you went to the DMV with a title that was last a wholesaler, they ask for your dealers license. Again, a big scam.

I couldn't have said it better. You nailed it.

I have been a remarketing manager for Capital One Auto Finance and have been a dealer in the Atlanta area for over 20 years now.

Inspecting and appraising cars has been a part of my life ever since Bill Clinton was President.
Thanks for the clarification & as you well know when you enjoy something, have knowledge, or a niche opportunity it's hard to not make that a part of your dreams. Funny you bring up Bill b/c wasn't GA Carter's state?

Thanks for the clarification & as you well know when you enjoy something, have knowledge, or a niche opportunity it's hard to not make that a part of your dreams. Funny you bring up Bill b/c wasn't GA Carter's state?
It's still Jimmy's state.

President Carter is that one gentlemanly uncle who seems to nail every bullseye of decency, intelligence, and human kindness.

He doesn't get everything right, but he tries really, really hard to get everything right.

I have a cousin named Steven, and a friend named Steven who used to live across the street from me. I am related to someone named Steven and the other Steven is a great friend.
Steven Pinker has written about this.

In some states like NC, Wholesalers cannot sell to individuals at all. It is a scam here in NC.
Colorado is the same as I sold vehicles for Lexus and Volkswagen. I was told I could get a wholesale license or a retail sales license but not both. I had a boss when I worked for an independent dealership that bought vehicles wholesale I thought he tried to sell vehicles to customers at one point though.

Colorado is the same as I sold vehicles for Lexus and Volkswagen. I was told I could get a wholesale license or a retail sales license but not both. I had a boss when I worked for an independent dealership that bought vehicles wholesale I thought he tried to sell vehicles to customers at one point though.
I am not sure of having both licenses here in NC. Do you agree that it is a BS scam?

It must go from a wholesaler to a dealer, if wholesaler is used, then to the customer. If you went to the DMV with a title that was last a wholesaler, they ask for your dealers license. Again, a big scam.
What about if the entity is out of state? I’d think you can buy from whomever you like in other states?!?

What about if the entity is out of state? I’d think you can buy from whomever you like in other states?!?
I do not know the answer to this question. I would assume so as titling would be in another state, but that is not always a great deal. In Georgia for instance, titles are not needed for registration....why is this important: becuase many in GA do not keep their titles. THis becomes a big problem in some states.

Also, a bill of sale and proof of paid taxes is common between states.

But 100% in NC, if you are a whole sale dealer, you cannot sell a vehicle to an individual, only to another dealer.

Back