USB 3 hub interfering with USB bluetooth dongle

So, this is a well known issue - many/most USB3 hubs spew out some noise in 2.4 GHz range that interferes with other close by devices that also operate in that range (wi-fi adapters, bluetooth receivers, etc.).

I've got a Jabra USB bluetooth dongle. I can't connect it directly to the computer because I don't have enough USB ports, so I'm forced to use a USB hub, but when I plug it into that USB hub, audio quality is despicable because of said interference. Would getting a USB extension cable to distance that dongle from the USB hub help fix this issue? I've read that this USB3 hub interference only happens at a very short range.

I've already ordered an extension cable. Just wondering if there is anything else I should try?

Cable, wrapped in foil, drain to earth?

I think Id ask why not just connect via older USB port/hub if you have one? I dont think bluetooth needs USB 3 bandwidth... An older style passive USB hub is dirt cheap.

So, this is a well known issue - many/most USB3 hubs spew out some noise in 2.4 GHz range that interferes with other close by devices that also operate in that range (wi-fi adapters, bluetooth receivers, etc.).
Interesting, are you sure most of them do that or just some low end brands? How do they pass FCC?

Interesting, are you sure most of them do that or just some low end brands? How do they pass FCC?
I've experienced this with relatively reputable brands such as Anker. I'm sure there are some which offer better shielding. My guess is the offending ones are still within FCC guidelines because they only interfere in very close proximity. I'm not sure how FCC tests these - at what distance.

Back