US to ban most pocket knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get caught with this massive pigsticker in the UK, this intrinsically deadly weapon ("He got an orange peeler -- Shoot him!"! will be confiscated and, besides paying a massive fine, you may go on a vacation at taxpayers' cost:

small_daily.jpg

I can only presume that my regular pocket folding knife would make a London bobby first screech like a little girl at the sight of a hairy spider, then faint. An MI6 squad would then take me down with high-powered rifles.

daily_folder.jpg

I use my pocket knife (two 3.5" blades) all the time. I use it for cutting gaffer's tape, opening boxes, stripping wires, crimping, tightening or loosening screws etc. This knife, which has a locking blade is legal to carry in California. The only knives forbidden to carry in public (Not sure about possession) in California are switchblades with a blade exceeding two inches in length. Obviously there are places where one is not allowed to carry any potential weapon, for example in federal buildings.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Banning all knives and guns will reduce health care costs.
Alky and tobbaco would be better but Alky was banned and did not work.

Originally Posted By: msparks
smirk2.gif
Like I would ever use a knife to kill someone (It's way to close and personal for my liking) I'll take a gun thank you.

I'll use a spoon. Then I can use it to eat the inerds

This is getting insane really fast. We go from a bumbling dolt to an educated intellectual with plans that are WAY too overreaching against our personal freedoms.

Spend, spend, spend, tax, tax, tax, ban, ban, ban. That is the new administrations modus operandi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back