US-Made Husky Brand Screwdriver Set at HD.

Yes in the weird and wonderful world of product licensing, both Sears (Sears Holdings I think) and Stanley B&D have the rights to sell tools under the Craftsman name. Of course Eddie's boys messed that up by claiming to be the "real home" of Craftsman and immediately got sued by Stanley B&D.

However Western Forge shut down Craftsman manufacturing 4 years ago, and now are shutting down altogether, so what you see at Ace is old stock.

Well that’s interesting they have modern date codes like AE, AF, AG,AH etc

Well that’s interesting they have modern date codes like AE, AF, AG,AH etc
In 2018 I bought a set of Craftsman Metric Crow Foot Flare Nut marked A-AF, packaging said Made in Taiwan. It was on store shelves so I'm not sure how old it really is beyond "at least 2 years".

I remember it well for 2 reasons. 1. It is the only Craftsman tool purchase I made in several years, I was in a bind with a tough to get to brake line, and it actually worked fine. Then, that Sears closed. 2. I just used it the other day on the same vehicle, for a power steering line.

In 2018 I bought a set of Craftsman Metric Crow Foot Flare Nut marked A-AF, packaging said Made in Taiwan. It was on store shelves so I'm not sure how old it really is beyond "at least 2 years".

I remember it well for 2 reasons. 1. It is the only Craftsman tool purchase I made in several years, I was in a bind with a tough to get to brake line, and it actually worked fine. Then, that Sears closed. 2. I just used it the other day on the same vehicle, for a power steering line.
Nice. I have some of the newer stuff the impact sockets are horrible but the rest of the stuff minus the Chinese screwdrivers are great.

These look like the Craftman US made screwdrivers. Same look, packaging, and US made label with the Husky name. These aren’t very good IMO. The flat heads are good for switch/ outlet faceplates and opening paint cans.

These aren’t the screwdrivers we’re looking for.

2F4E0DC6-2955-41C5-BED5-3DB25D52E07D.gif

Back