Husky 1.5 ton Aluminum/Steel Floor Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Depot has these on sale for $49.88. I was thinking about getting one of these for my father. Looking for first hand-info from anyone that might have one. Use would mainly be for easy maintenance kind of stuff for a Honda CRV and Civic. I realize HF sells a similar product however I do not have a local HF store and I have a HD gift card I could use toward the purchase. Thanks in advance.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3000-lb-1-1-2-Ton-Aluminum-Steel-Floor-Jack

Probably better than the Harbor Freight jack, I have one that's almost 2 years old and has for the most of the time I've had it sunk, can hardly lift things because it sinks down and can't hold. It's a 3 ton Rapid Pump

Put that money toward a better jack. That won't lift even the Civic worth a darn. 14" tall at maximum extension isn't very tall. It might be just high enough for fitting a jack stand under, but getting the stand back out again will be a struggle. The jack won't be able to lift the car high enough to pry the stand's release.

Their 3-ton jack would be a slightly better choice. It likely won't fit under the Civic, though.

I'd put the $50 toward a low-profile jack that can lift to 18" high. I have one from HF, and it's great being able to slide the jack under our cars, and lift them high enough to set jack stands at a comfortable height.

I have a Michelin-branded 3.5 ton quick-rise jack I bought from Sam's Club MANY years ago. It's been a great jack. I don't know who makes it, but I'd absolutely buy it again. It lifts the Ridgeline up higher than the highest notch on my jack stands, but it'll also fit under a low-slung car like a Civic.

I'm not sure if this is the exact model, but it looks just like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Ton-Garage-Floor-Jack/dp/B000SV3MZG

I'd buy more than a 1.5 ton jack myself, even for a Civic or CR-V. A larger jack will be more substantial, and will raise the entire front or rear axle up with ease. Hondas have convenient jacking points underneath, so you can live the front or back with just a couple of pumps.

Thanks for the input. Maybe some more looking is in order. I don't want to purchase something that is not going to meet all of his needs. Lots of choices out there however it seems these days the quality is the biggest unknown.

The jack gets good reviews on HF. I'm going to buy this one at HD.

I bought one. Pretty [censored] heavy now that it's mostly steel, but it works well. I had it holding up one side of car all weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back