US-Made Husky Brand Screwdriver Set at HD.

556731C3-4767-41C6-A1EE-63ACB95F583F.jpeg
The packaging looks different in the pictures but this is it: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Variety-Screwdriver-Set-25-Piece-H25PCSDS/302348387

I’m a fan of the plain us made husky screwdrivers from HD. Might need to pick up a set for my new garage.

the only thing better is a snap on ratcheting.

Are the Craftsman screwdrivers still made in USA? These look like they came out of the same factory.
Hopefully, the tips of these are better than the Craftsman screwdrivers. There are better screwdrivers made.

Are the Craftsman screwdrivers still made in USA? These look like they came out of the same factory.
Hopefully, the tips of these are better than the Craftsman screwdrivers. There are better screwdrivers made.
craftsman has been 99 percent chinese for some time now. really sad walking through lowes

nice set.. acetate handles are nice because theyre chemical resistant but for prolonged use they get uncomfortable.. electrical use i always turn to klein or greenlee screwdrivers automotive i have the channellock codeblue with the metal thru handle..

Once you use a good quality screwdriver you never want to touch those acetate/plastic style screwdrivers again. I would pass on those. I bet those soft tips would cam out a screw in no time.

The ones that Ace Hardware sells are still USA made but Lowe’s is Taiwan and China only.

I personally prefer the acetate handles and hard plastic handles over anything else. Right now I have so many screwdrivers I can’t count them lol and they don’t all fit in one drawer or even my entire box probably so I have them laying everywhere around my basement and in the vehicles. So I probably don’t really need any but I might get some since they are USA made.

I’m personally buying up a few sets of these as future gifts for my nieces and nephews; they are all too young to appreciate them now but I’ve been buying up US made tools for each of them just in case the flow of manufacturing jobs reverses to overseas again.

craftsman has been 99 percent chinese for some time now. really sad walking through lowes

My home town has a population of about 600. They also happen to have an Ace Hardware store that employs a total of three employees. They close at noon on Saturday and are not open at all on Sunday. Last I saw, about a week ago, they still have their American-made Craftsman screwdrivers hanging on the wall.
Of course, maybe they only sell a few sets a year and they are NOS. :unsure:

My home town has a population of about 600. They also happen to have an Ace Hardware store that employs a total of three employees. They close at noon on Saturday and are not open at all on Sunday. Last I saw, about a week ago, they still have their American-made Craftsman screwdrivers hanging on the wall.
Of course, maybe they only sell a few sets a year and they are NOS. :unsure:
From what I understand is the ones at Ace are made for Ace by Western Forge who made them for Sears because they all have modern date codes on them.

Ace has been selling a smaller set for $3 off and on for a couple years during sales. Craftsman made in USA. I bought at least 4 sets.

From what I understand is the ones at Ace are made for Ace by Western Forge who made them for Sears because they all have modern date codes on them.
Yes in the weird and wonderful world of product licensing, both Sears (Sears Holdings I think) and Stanley B&D have the rights to sell tools under the Craftsman name. Of course Eddie's boys messed that up by claiming to be the "real home" of Craftsman and immediately got sued by Stanley B&D.

However Western Forge shut down Craftsman manufacturing 4 years ago, and now are shutting down altogether, so what you see at Ace is old stock.

Back