US flag ceremony ends Iraq operation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!

It cost us untold amount of pain, 4,500 lives of our finest, 100,000 lives of the Iraqi people and $1 trillion dollars. It changed the dynamic of the Middle East, weakened us in the region and strengthened Iran.

Hopefully we can start recovering from the boondoggle soon.

Trying to be free on the political thing but if you were to scroll down on that article about the flag burning and the guys statement it really reminds me of Afghanistan during the Taliban/Soviet war and what led to that hatred.

I seriously hope they can hold their own and we can focus on fixing our own troubles here before doing anything else in regards to military actions.

Good to have our military personnel back.

After Vietnam, I thought we'll never be that stupid again. Boy, was I wrong. One trillion dollars down the drain and the cost in human lives/misery. As a Iraq said "the [censored] of Saddam Hussein, was better then the heaven of the US". We turned Iraq in a ghetto.

Most of the costs were personnel. Combat pay is higher, of course. So we'd be paying a lot anyway.
Any good done? You bet! Perfect solution? No.

In perspective, we lose MORE lives from binge drinking in college than Iraq in any time frame.

The cost of any war is huge, regardless of the reason for it. Sometimes it is necessary but some is not (cough, cough).

I think the biggest cost is actually the military equipment purchases and contracting. Whether it is just a quart of 10w40 or a UAV, a cook or a private security patrol, they all cost huge because people get ambushed on the jobs (and of course the huge profit these companies demand too).

The medical care of the veteran with injuries will surpass the personnel pay in the long run.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Any good done? You bet!

Absolutely: A quick check today revealed Iraq has no WMD and no ties with Al Qaeda. A $trillion and 100,000+ human lives (all given willingly, give or take) well spent.

In perspective, we lose MORE lives from binge drinking in college than Iraq in any time frame.

I hope solemnly that if it weren't for BITOG's time expiry on editing your own post that you would read this and realize what a horrendous and embarrassingly stupid thing that was to say.

Do you extend the same "perspective" to 9/11, sir?

Do more people die from binge drinking in college than the Iraqis that died during this mess as well?! Or are they not human enough to count?

Any good done? You bet! Perfect solution? No.

+1. I agree with you (for a change).
cheers3.gif

Quote:

100,000+ human lives (all given willingly, give or take) well spent.

You are talking about the people Sadam killed I assume.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

Absolutely: A quick check today revealed Iraq has no WMD and no ties with Al Qaeda. A $trillion and 100,000+ human lives (all given willingly, give or take) well spent.

So not much change really ?

I'm not sure how we get from "staying the course" (this from our P.M. only recently) to "she's fixed, let's get out".

That being said, we (colletively) broke the place, and are having problems fixing it...hanging around at this point probably isn't in anyone's best interests.

With saddam in charge there was a welfare system in place,the people had funded health care. It wasn't perfect but it was something. Now it's a disaster area with armed guerillas fighting each other for control of the area. Saddam at least had some form of order. Now it's a wasteland.
I guess according to the propaganda(american media) the place is better off now huh. Democracy reigns. Sure. Rigged elections,corruption rampant. I guess that's better than what saddam had in place before the state ordered assasination.
The Iraq conflict was nothing less than jr finishing daddy's business. It was proven there were no "weapons of mass destruction" which was the whole reason the invasion began. It was a guise to sell the American public on the "world menace" that saddam hussein was supposed to be. The Iraqi people paid with their blood and their childrens blood.
I don't agree with nor like what saddam Hussein did in the country he ruled but their is no doubt in my mind they were better off before America decided to "help" them. The only people fooled are the American public who believe the garbage that comes out of their governments mouths.
Since the whole thing was about oil the invaders should have at least tapped a few wells and sent the oil home for free. Considering the human lives sacrificed for it. Maybe gas would go down in price. Blood for oil. Great trade

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Any good done? You bet!

I hope solemnly that if it weren't for BITOG's time expiry on editing your own post that you would read this and realize what a horrendous and embarrassingly stupid thing that was to say.

Do you extend the same "perspective" to 9/11, sir?

Do more people die from binge drinking in college than the Iraqis that died during this mess as well?! Or are they not human enough to count?

I think one of the main reasons why we assaulted and invaded a the sovereign nation of Iraq was because Saddam was going to stop trading his oil in dollars.

The entire thing is a disgrace, shame, and most importantly destroyed a viable nation, violated our own Constitution about declaring war, and murdered millions of innocents.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
With saddam in charge there was a welfare system in place,the people had funded health care. It wasn't perfect but it was something. Now it's a disaster area with armed guerillas fighting each other for control of the area. Saddam at least had some form of order. Now it's a wasteland.
I guess according to the propaganda(american media) the place is better off now huh. Democracy reigns. Sure. Rigged elections,corruption rampant. I guess that's better than what saddam had in place before the state ordered assasination.
The Iraq conflict was nothing less than jr finishing daddy's business. It was proven there were no "weapons of mass destruction" which was the whole reason the invasion began. It was a guise to sell the American public on the "world menace" that saddam hussein was supposed to be. The Iraqi people paid with their blood and their childrens blood.
I don't agree with nor like what saddam Hussein did in the country he ruled but their is no doubt in my mind they were better off before America decided to "help" them. The only people fooled are the American public who believe the garbage that comes out of their governments mouths.
Since the whole thing was about oil the invaders should have at least tapped a few wells and sent the oil home for free. Considering the human lives sacrificed for it. Maybe gas would go down in price. Blood for oil. Great trade

well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back