Upping my firewood game

I saw a video this week of a Wood Processor . It had a hydraulicly driven chain saw that cut the logs to length and then thy dropped down to a tray that pushed them into the splitting wedge . Pretty neat rig .

How many trees a day does that burn through?
I think with 2 people working hard you could do a cord or more an hour. I'm much slower :)

I saw a video this week of a Wood Processor . It had a hydraulicly driven chain saw that cut the logs to length and then thy dropped down to a tray that pushed them into the splitting wedge . Pretty neat rig .
The place I bought this had some that went on skid steers. 18K :oops: but it looked pretty sweet. He had all kinds of stuff, it was a pretty cool lot.
He had these Giant loaders, I instantly wanted one but alas I am getting to much stuff and I can't afford it anyway.

If I had the means I'd get one of these:

The lot I went to had a few different versions of these, good ones seem to start at 15k up. The one I looked at was 18k, I had to pass on it LOL

There is something satisfying about that crunching sound the wood makes in that video

Back