updated response from Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I was told. Spoke with a guy at Signum, their oil analysis program. Said that is a misconception. OEM's choose Mobil 1 and don't skimp out on oil for their very expensive cars. Honda was an example. Mobil wasn't even aware they were testing all the other oils on the market place.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
otoh, Castrol is the Factory-Fill in:
BMW
Audi
Bentley
Rolls-Royce (iirc)
Volkswagen
Lamborghini
Ford
Volvo
Aston-Martin
Bugatti
SEAT/Skoda

Almost:
Ford is quite proud of their Motorcraft oil (rebranded cheap 76 oil), BMW has recently selected Mobil 1 for their 123d engine problem that Castrol's best technology could not solve, VW chooses M1 for Bentley (their most prestigious line in the VW/Audi/Bentley family), Rolls-Royce uses Esso, Aston Martin DB9 and Vanquish S use M1, didn't Labo just allow QSt to buy their factory fill as well?

Castrol makes higher performance synthetics and lower performance synthetics (US Syntec)at the same time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
Not what I was told. Spoke with a guy at Signum, their oil analysis program. Said that is a misconception. OEM's choose Mobil 1 and don't skimp out on oil for their very expensive cars. Honda was an example. Mobil wasn't even aware they were testing all the other oils on the market place.

buster:

Thank you very much for what sounds like some GENUINE insight (as opposed to rumours and speculation).

It appears there are going to be people that believe that Exxon-Mobil is the bad guy here no matter what. Be it the Group III conspiracy, the highest/lowest bidder argument or that they are changing their formula trying to save money at the expense of the consumer.

I've grown to understand that you need a thick skin to be a Mobil 1/Delvac 1 user on this board.

It doesn't matter that they don't advertise that your engine will sludge up if you don't use their product (Castrol).

It doesn't matter that they don't advertise (proudly) that their product is 4x better than another with an unsubstantiated claim (Valvoline).

They simply market their product as the best overall protection for your engine. And with the millions they spend on certifications and approvals, I think they are justified in stating that.

It would seem that it's ALWAYS in fashion to hate Exxon-Mobil, no matter how their product performs.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I've grown to understand that you need a thick skin to be a Mobil 1/Delvac 1 user on this board.

True

dear anal bitog get a lifers, you overanalyze oil too much...just put in mobil blended super tech oil at 1.88 quart and forget about it for 7,000 miles..of course i actually do use M1 in my pontiac for some ungodly reason...MJ customer service dude, mobil

and by the way m1 is now 23.74 at china mart for 5 gallon jug...pennzoil plat and QS syn look better and better

Originally Posted By: chet2
and by the way m1 is now 23.74 at china mart for 5 gallon jug...pennzoil plat and QS syn look better and better

Not up here:

PP is $29.94 for 4.73L ($6.33/L)
M1 is $37.94 for 5.00L ($7.59/L)

Last edited by a moderator:
and by the way m1 is now 23.74 at china mart for 5 gallon jug

Wrong,,not mine....

Wish it was $23.74/5 gallons-more like $23.74/5 QUARTS, & no TDT/Delvac 1 anymore-cheapest for that is AZ's $6.19/qt., just too pricey for me, can't afford to drive the diesels that much these days anyhow.

I'am glad moribundman is on this site to help people with their grammer.I did not know we had to have college level proficiency with our grammer on an oil site.I think we all need to do some post graduate work in english before we make another post.

Hi,
OilGuy - Your comment is correct. Since I joined BITOG I have had to constantly "defend" my use of EM's excellent products

I have been branded an employee of EM and "very biased" towards their products. The truth is I have had excellent results over several decades

I also selectively use products from Shell, Castrol and others in specific applications from time to time

In a general sense M1 0W-40 and Delvac 1 5W-40 are both great value for money and have the results on the board
The "sleepers" from Mobil/Delvac are their gear oils, ATF and Delvac 1300 15W-40 amongst many others

EM are very poor marketers IMHO and their Techline "experts" are no better or worse than many others. Sadly I hesitate in believing them and only deal with people that really know as I have done for many many years!!!

I do NOT work for anybody - I'm a happy retiree!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: harley145000
I'am glad moribundman is on this site to help people with their grammer.I did not know we had to have college level proficiency with our grammer on an oil site.I think we all need to do some post graduate work in english before we make another post.

I'am glad also that moribundman is hear to correct our grammer.

Originally Posted By: harley145000

Does your grammer know she is being corrected?

i gotta agree with doug hillary on this one. i don't like there "lawyerese" language. i don't like there "canned" responses. maybe they think we're too stupid to discuss such things as oil on a technical level with them. there marketing leaves a lot to be desired. but they make a quality product. especially the delvac 1.

We need an English grammar mod to correct all of our posts for us!
01.gif
grin2.gif

In regards to grammar and spelling, I think we are all guilty of errors, especially when emailing. It is a bit informal and then there is the typing skill issue too. To, too, brake, break, their, there are so commonly used incorrectly here (hear) that I try not to even notice anymore....usually without success.

Looks like I might have to brush-up on my factory fill tables, but for sure there are more than a few Castrol clients. After all, oil caps don't lie.

I say who gives a [censored] about grammar and spelling,,we're all
adults here and know what each others trying to say,,lighten up geezzz.

Originally Posted By: daman

We should all care about mistakes. People have lightened up during the internet age. This is why so many have poor written communication skills.

Originally Posted By: globey
Originally Posted By: daman

We should all care about mistakes. People have lightened up during the internet age. This is why so many have poor written communication skills.

So what???
21.gif
, what the [censored]'s it hurting, we interviewing
for a job on here????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back