updated response from Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: globey
I say who gives a [censored] about grammar and spelling,,we're all
adults here and know what each others trying to say,,lighten up geezzz.

We should all care about mistakes. People have lightened up during the internet age. This is why so many have poor written communication skills.

So what???
21.gif
, what the [censored]'s it hurting, we interviewing
for a job on here????

Well, for starters, you can get your point across better if you can write a complete sentence. Also, being able to write will probably lend to your credibility. You're more likely to be dismissed, no matter how much you know, if you can't convey your thoughts into words.

To answer your question, no, we are not interviewing for jobs. BUT, we are POSTING to an internet message board which requires written communication. Why not do it properly if you know how? It's easier on all parties and the likelihood of a misunderstanding is lessened.

Actually, although we are all capable of making mistakes(myself included when I am excited or in a hurry) we should make the effort to use proper grammar and spelling. It adds credibility to any conversation and by taking the time to assure that we are using good grammar and spelling we are assuring that our posts are understandable to others.
Consider it as a courtesy to your fellow members. We will all make mistakes but by attempting to catch them we improve the overall experience and the board does not read like Yahoo answers or my space.

You know, it's funny: there are posters on here who can't write or punctuate worth a darn and I have a ton of respect for them, and others who write well but are not particularly insightful. Still, those impressions tend to be earned, and my first impression always depends at least a bit on how what is written reads.

It matters because someone commented on the original email cited and MJ's improper formation of plurals, I think. And because it was someone from Mobil he got blasted for it. The informality of emails can cause a lot of confusion......

Well, for starters, you can get your point across better if you can write a complete sentence. Also, being able to write will probably lend to your credibility.

Lol,,me a break guy,,my "credibility" matters to the men that know me and work with me,,not the jokers on this internet and this site.....

Well, for starters, you can get your point across better if you can write a complete sentence. Also, being able to write will probably lend to your credibility.

Lol,,me a break guy,,my "credibility" matters to the men that know me and work with me,,not the jokers on this internet and this site.....

Fair enough. I'll "Lol,, you a break,,".

No need to get defensive. No one is questioning your credibility. This is the internet and you are posting to an internet forum. The only thing most of us know about you is what you post here. If you are unable to convey your thoughts into words very well, it will affect how people perceive you. Whether that matters to you or not, that's beside the point. As you said, it doesn't matter to you. So, continue to post how you wish.

Sorry if I hit a nerve. It was not my intention. I'll go back to the original topic.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Face it-for probably 95% of drivers-M1 is probably overkill anyway. What confuses me (& maybe I'm just stupid) is why M1 in a BRAND NEW engine-I have read in multiple places that a full syn interferes with correct piston ring break-in & seating, & shouldn't be used until the engine is fully broken in-I guess all that is now out the window?? Remember that engineers don't normally man the customer service desk-probably some marketing intern responding in this case!!

There is a huge difference between well assembled high end engines manufactured in controlled spaces when compared to normal assembly of assorted parts.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Actually, although we are all capable of making mistakes(myself included when I am excited or in a hurry) we should make the effort to use proper grammar and spelling. It adds credibility to any conversation and by taking the time to assure that we are using good grammar and spelling we are assuring that our posts are understandable to others.
Consider it as a courtesy to your fellow members. We will all make mistakes but by attempting to catch them we improve the overall experience and the board does not read like Yahoo answers or my space.
I have to admit that when I read a post that contains poor grammar, improper punctuation, and incorrectly spelled words, there is a tendency to outright dismiss the source as either unintelligent, uneducated, or both. If someone doesn't know the difference between "there" and "their", it becomes difficult to give their posts serious consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back