UOA while running Nitrous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, however I can't believe that through all my search attempts that I can not find any UOA on any vehicles that are running nitrous? I installed a Zex system on the vehicle, and was just curious to see how it affects the UOA if at all. I really don't see any reason why anything would look any bit difference if the system is tuned correctly, other than a possible higher fuel count in the oil. Anyone have any info?

What kind of AFR's will you be running while spraying? If you're able to lean out the tune, then you'll likely see less fuel. Not sure how it would affect everything else. All things being equal, it might not affect anything at all. If you've got good compression and a good tune, you might not see much of a change, all else being equal.

Have never seen any negative affects in my LS1 Trans Am.
UOAs look just like they did before the N2O.
Nitrous Express 75,100,120 dry kit. I run the 100 shot jets.
What car is it on?

This is on an 09 Maxima,~20k. It is the Zex wet 50,65,75 kit running at 75 with good a/f mixture. I didn't think that it would really have any negative effect.

Ls1mike - Is there a reason you went with a dry kit over a wet kit?

The only cars that can use a dry kit must provide the fuel through their own injectors. Some have the capacity, some don't.

Even a wet kit is problematic on many cars due to the modern intakes being a dry design. Fuel distribution can be a real issue.

Nitrous burns so clean it may not cause anything you can see in a UOA. Plus it's a small shot.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
This is on an 09 Maxima,~20k. It is the Zex wet 50,65,75 kit running at 75 with good a/f mixture. I didn't think that it would really have any negative effect.

Ls1mike - Is there a reason you went with a dry kit over a wet kit?

Because an LS1 dosen't really need a wet kit until 150ish.
It runs through the MAF and my tune is set up to run a little rich at WOT. The kit only comes on at WOT, between 3000 and 5500 RPM, and with a enough fuel pressure. I installed an MSD window switch, full throttle switch and fuel pressure switch. I monitor A/F with a laptop.
All I do is turn the system on with one switch, turn the bottle warmer on with the other. The rest is automatic once you hit full throttle and 3000 RPMS.
Plus if for some reason your N20 pressure is low and you still dump fuel you can have a nitrous backfire, fuel will pool up in the intake and poof. Do a search on google, lots of videos to see.I also replace my N2O selnoid every year. That keeps it working nice.
Not sure why you neeed a wet shot for 75 unless your fuel system and tunning are not up to the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back