UOA + Ferrographic Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe UOA's can be used to track wear. I think that is an established fact. Type of wear can not always be determined though. It's great that Terry uses the rotrode.

Another fact is some oil do things better than others! LOL

I found relatively high wear metals compared to most tests on here, but both my tests registered PQ's of 6.0 and 5.0. Are these adequate ?

Tig1 - Your point number 6. I also suspect i have a minor internal leak, but i didnt think any oil was good when this happens ? This is a new revelation.
wink.gif
Would PAO be the best in these situations ?

Interesting.

Quote:
Wear mode identification is possible when viewing;
> What the particles are,
> The particle’s size,
> How the metal particle was removed,
> Temperature of removal

32.gif

Originally Posted By: vxcalais
Tig1 - Your point number 6. I also suspect i have a minor internal leak, but i didnt think any oil was good when this happens? This is a new revelation.
wink.gif

If there is coolant in the oil, you better fix it pronto. No oil is made to "handle" coolant, not even tig1's beloved Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
32.gif

Originally Posted By: vxcalais
Tig1 - Your point number 6. I also suspect i have a minor internal leak, but i didnt think any oil was good when this happens? This is a new revelation.
wink.gif

If there is coolant in the oil, you better fix it pronto. No oil is made to "handle" coolant, not even tig1's beloved Mobil 1.

Yes I agree. All of that post was meant to be humorous as a response to StevieCs post. Sorry if you took me serious on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back