Unhappy Customer

I noticed the op said he got beat up from the cars owner for the parts, and also he said he did the work in 2017?. Did he get a lifetime warranty on the job ?. I don't know of anyplace that will give you any warranty on race car performance parts. I would have told him to bring the car in to my shop, and I'll give him a price to repair it. Why take verbal abuse from anyone ?. Let him find someone else to repair his stuff for free.,,,

I don't know of anyplace that will give you any warranty on race car performance parts. I would have told him to bring the car in to my shop, and I'll give him a price to repair it. Why take verbal abuse from anyone ?. Let him find someone else to repair his stuff for free.,,,
Nothing was done for free. Clineberger charged him for this work.

You're a gentleman and the guy probably realizes how lucky he was to deal with you. You made a positive difference in someone's stressful life instead of making it worse. Thanks from all us guys that get frustrated and occasionally vent at the wrong person! :love:

After all the pissing and moaning, bitching and complaining, I'm going to guess that what you did is exactly why he brought it back to you and not have some other schmuck look at it. Although, he probably already did that and is why he's back to you anyway because they couldn't figure it out. He should have been happy to pay you for the work.

Your, Sir, are a gentleman. A lot of folks I know would have downright refused to even touch the vehicle, let along go to such depths to diagnose it for a customer with an attitude. He's lucky he got to deal with you, and hopefully the next time around, he ditches the attitude.

you are one heck of a troubleshooter/technision , worth your weight in gold , job well done

I can’t fathom dealing with people like that every day. To put that much skill and logic into a situation with a questionable customer… that was nice of you. I did enjoy reviewing your thought process. Lots to learn and so I appreciate you documenting steps like that!
Anyone who works in any aspect of the automotive industry deals with these kinds of people every day. Should try working at a BMW store….. its cringe worthy. Good job to the OP. It is refreshing so hear from a mechanic that actually knows how to diagnose issues in depth. Dying art for sure.

I noticed the op said he got beat up from the cars owner for the parts, and also he said he did the work in 2017?. Did he get a lifetime warranty on the job ?. I don't know of anyplace that will give you any warranty on race car performance parts. I would have told him to bring the car in to my shop, and I'll give him a price to repair it. Why take verbal abuse from anyone ?. Let him find someone else to repair his stuff for free.,,,

He just got the car running, The trans had no miles on it before he attempted to have it Tuned. You run into this building transmissions for project vehicles that can take years to complete or get running.

While there isn't a full no questions asked warranty on performance builds, I do have a Workmanship warranty.

Back