Under valve cover pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 Camry 4 cyl, 130k miles, owned it since 100k miles, been on a diet of smitty s blend, magnatec, PYB all mainly 10w30. 5k OCI. VC gasket was leaking oil so I replaced it w a felpro gasket. I think it looks fine. Car runs like normal. No issues.

340C1225-1E65-43A7-91CD-D5D0C6A16668.jpeg

3DF8141A-93C6-44F1-92C2-BE830BF254F9.jpeg

08B02F2B-5F75-4015-A6F2-398231D1E275.jpeg

Smittys Blend is made by Smittys in Roseland, Louisiana. All of their products are good, greases, oils, all oils meet SN specs, latest diesel specs, dexos etc. We sell alot if it at work. (Privately owned Napa store)

Originally Posted by KrisZ

A bit of varnish, but from what I've seen posted here, it is normal for these engines.

That's nothing..... and I mean quite literally NOTHING .... compared to the sludge monsters I grew up working on

Originally Posted by Linctex

A bit of varnish, but from what I've seen posted here, it is normal for these engines.

That's nothing..... and I mean quite literally NOTHING .... compared to the sludge monsters I grew up working on

My first car had a Ford 3.8l v6. Under the valve cover looked like a charcoal bbq. It picked out chunks of sludge or whatever you want to call it. As a kid I was confused but cleaned it out with pliers and a screw driver. Car ran for years more and plenty of abuse.

Originally Posted by Linctex

Well that was so long ago you literally worked on dinosaurs Linctex
lol.gif

I am always fascinated by these pictures but it makes me wonder what the innards of my 95 Maxima with about 70k miles that has been maintained with Mobil1 5W-30 looks like! I try and peer in through the oil fill but can't see much. Is a small buildup of this yellow varnish inevitable in any engine and is it lessened with high quality synthetic?

Originally Posted by NissanMaxima
I am always fascinated by these pictures but it makes me wonder what the innards of my 95 Maxima with about 70k miles that has been maintained with Mobil1 5W-30 looks like! I try and peer in through the oil fill but can't see much. Is a small buildup of this yellow varnish inevitable in any engine and is it lessened with high quality synthetic?

Get an inspection cam for the holidays, that will keep you busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back