Under valve cover 3.7 F150

Its been one long day. Decided to finally change the valve cover gaskets, spark plug tube seals, and VCT solenoid seals that have been weeping for some time now. 249k on the truck and Id say it looks pretty spotless. Ive had the truck since 151k. I was pressed for time today so I only changed the drivers side gaskets and all six spark plugs. Cranked up the truck after it ran great but now it has a steady leak from the back of the drivers side that goes down the bellhousing. I must have pinched the gasket on install. Thats life, it happens, and Ill get to it next weekend, luckily I have a 5 minute walk to work. Now time to get some rest so I can take my mother and grandmother to lunch tomorrow.

Spark plugs had around 92k miles on them and were last changed at 157k. I used Motorcraft SP589 this time. Enjoy the pics

IMG_1433.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

Its been one long day. Decided to finally change the valve cover gaskets, spark plug tube seals, and VCT solenoid seals that have been weeping for some time now. 249k on the truck and Id say it looks pretty spotless. Ive had the truck since 151k. I was pressed for time today so I only changed the drivers side gaskets and all six spark plugs. Cranked up the truck after it ran great but now it has a steady leak from the back of the drivers side that goes down the bellhousing. I must have pinched the gasket on install. Thats life, it happens, and Ill get to it next weekend, luckily I have a 5 minute walk to work. Now time to get some rest so I can take my mother and grandmother to lunch tomorrow.

Spark plugs had around 92k miles on them and were last changed at 157k. I used Motorcraft SP589 this time. Enjoy the pics

View attachment 218880

View attachment 218881

View attachment 218882

View attachment 218883

Looks good. What oil and filters were used? Nice photos and I Thank You sir 👍🇺🇸🍺

Hard core towing with the 3.7. Also shows that we don’t need 400hp to get the job done. How do you like living with the 3.7? That motor seems to get nothing but praise.

I vacuumed everything real good before taking off the valve covers, some dirt still managed to get on the cams, I wiped it as good as possible. Hopefully no damage was done
My bet is very few shops would spend much time, if any, cleaning things up prior to starting the job. Maybe a quick blast with an air compressor and away they go! You should be fine.

To save myself some hassle and get my truck back going, I ordered a valve cover on Amazon with all the spark plug tube seals, vct seals and gasket already installed. It doesnt come with a PCV that goes from the valve cover to the intake tube. Would this be a different part number than the passenger side PCV? Or can I just pull the old one out the old cover and reuse it?

IMG_1466.jpeg

To save myself some hassle and get my truck back going, I ordered a valve cover on Amazon with all the spark plug tube seals, vct seals and gasket already installed. It doesnt come with a PCV that goes from the valve cover to the intake tube. Would this be a different part number than the passenger side PCV? Or can I just pull the old one out the old cover and reuse it?

View attachment 219477
Will the quality of the new one be as good as OEM? Or Doorman quality?

The under the covers picture sure looks clean. Like brand new. But I am sure the bearings and rings almost certainly have a lot of wear at 249K miles.

Back