Umm.. HOLE? Price to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price to fix this. Thank you!
smile.gif

5W05Kb5F23E73G43I8c97f9b0ba17671e13f1.jpg

5Ne5Gd5Fb3E23M63Nac97e2d494476a4a1bee.jpg

5I65K55M83K73m03L5c9748ff73a68c141b01.jpg

Should be pretty cheap. See that seam in the last pic where it wraps around the tail light? Take the tail light out and the rest should be easy. It's just a flexible plastic filler majigger.

Look under the plastic rocker panel covers for rust though.

Car is $400.
smile.gif

Now. Junkyards with green?
wink.gif

*PS: If It were that easy. But my mate wants me to not even invest THAT much effort.
frown.gif

PS: It is a 1995.
laugh.gif

Agree get the part off a wreaked on at the junkyard for $20 bucks and cost to paint it (and match it) will not be worth it. So whatever color you get make sure its close if possible. In fact you may be able to do a search and get the same color but expect with shipping and such to be into it for $100-$150 bucks.

Me I'd find a part and put it in.

Who knows what may happen around the next curve???

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Agree get the part off a wreaked on at the junkyard for $20 bucks and cost to paint it (and match it) will not be worth it. So whatever color you get make sure its close if possible. In fact you may be able to do a search and get the same color but expect with shipping and such to be into it for $100-$150 bucks.

Me I'd find a part and put it in.

Who knows what may happen around the next curve???

If she likes it I will do exactly this. BITOG is invaluable (supremely valuable) with my car shopping. I have limited budget.

Buy the car already.

The only concern should be finding a taurust this old in the junkyards; it's probably been shredded, sent to china, and sent back to us as lead-soldered cans of peaches by now.

But if that all happens you can stuff a bunch of newspapers in the hole then bondo over the top of the pile.
wink.gif

PS, I used to own a taurus.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Buy the car already.

The only concern should be finding a taurust this old in the junkyards; it's probably been shredded, sent to china, and sent back to us as lead-soldered cans of peaches by now.

But if that all happens you can stuff a bunch of newspapers in the hole then bondo over the top of the pile.
wink.gif

You read my mind.
thumbsup2.gif

If the misses likes it and doesnt question why there is foor trim sticking out its MINE
smile.gif
BUT if its an "ugly car..." Uggggggggh.

It was posted a half hour ago and I have the CASH money in my checking. I hate my life.

Duct tape over the hole. Then use some matching green spray paint on the duct tape.

Why do the headlights look like this?

lol.gif

I am going with:

"Because somebody smacked something and the core support is bent."

Buy the car already.

wink.gif

PS, I used to own a taurus.

I think we all have owned one before (and sorry that I did.. In fact my Taurus (and my first post) is what brought me to BITOG almost 10 years ago)

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool

You read my mind.
thumbsup2.gif

If the misses likes it and doesnt question why there is foor trim sticking out its MINE
smile.gif
BUT if its an "ugly car..." Uggggggggh.

It was posted a half hour ago and I have the CASH money in my checking. I hate my life.

I think that's more the door gasket sticking out there. Another "feature" of Fords...

Im buying this.

Now. T from WEYMOUTH to NH BORDER *(Tewksbury area) on a Saturday........................

* (Weymouth is south of Boston and borders Quincy. 02188.)

Last edited:
5Nc5E35F13K73I53Jfc97e4cf21de24701f76.jpg

5La5Fd5M23Ka3Fa3p6c97256cd52e8bf113a3.jpg

5I65K55M83K73m03L5c9748ff73a68c141b01.jpg

5Ge5E15H33E73Gb3N8c97f8232f6b4e501b33.jpg

I will be at North Weymouth / EBay / etc, "Parts cars" if I dont just Bondo Hair this and start asking about paint. Tempting.

Down south that generation of taurus is still plentiful. If you can't find the same color for cheap, and don't want to pay to ptm it, then just leave it. It's not hurting anything.

btw $400 is a good deal for that if there is no major mechanical problems.

Junk yard part (look for a you pull it type yard for lowest price).

Changing the subject, years ago I attended a real-estate club to learn about managing real-estate.

Along with doing a credit search on perspective tenants one of the things that successful landlords used to determine how they could expect people to take care of their property while they lived in it was how they took care of their car. And one of the main things they looked at believe it or not was weather or not the vehicle the perspective tenant drove had all four hub caps or not.

So besides the part at a junk yard, you might pick up some low cost plastic hub caps at an auto parts store, or a K-Mart.

Get yourself an old teddy bear and jam it in the hole and drive around like that.....

LMAO.

It's a 95 Taurus, trust me these car's ain't gonna be in the Barret Jackson Auction anytime soon.

Regards, JC.

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
Price to fix this. Thank you!
smile.gif

5Ne5Gd5Fb3E23M63Nac97e2d494476a4a1bee.jpg

0007535301292_180X180.jpg

Less than $10 @ almost any store. lots of colors to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back