Umarex Glock 19 Co2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at this online and I'm very interested. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this or any good info. I've watched a few youtube videos and they seem to have positive reviews. This model looks to be the exact copy of an actual Glock 19. Just looking for something to get my kids familiar with handgun safety. They are becoming more curious about my hobby and I'd like to take them to the range. But, I really don't think letting them shoot the real thing is a good idea just yet. I'm thinking that with a BB gun they would at least be able to learn the fundamentals of shooting a handgun and at the same time not be intimidated by it. I could even set up a place to shoot in the downstairs utility room. Online I could order this shipped to my door for about $74 OTD. Local I can buy it or $84 OTD. Seems to be priced well enough. Or if anyone has experience with other BB pistols let me know.

the Umarex
[Linked Image]

How old are your kids? Teaching kids firearm safety at any age is great, I think usually .22 rifles are used to introduce kids to shooting. My son started shooting at 5.

That pistol looks 100% real Glock.

I would start your kids out with a real gun like a .22.
Too many people don't respect BB guns and do stupid things with them.
I don't care how great and mindful you think your kids are. Kids are kids and do dumb things as part as the growing up process. They are 100 times more likely to do
something dumb with a BB gun than a real gun.

I bought a Umarex Walther PP C02 BB gun for this reason. It works well and I can teach my 10 year old how to shoot a handgun safely while at home. The local range is 40 minutes away so this is very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back