Ultra1plus motor oil

Has anyone used the motor oil from this company. I initially discovered iAmazon, but found it cheaper at their eBay store in searched and search only to find Ultra1plus atf.

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

There's probably nothing wrong with Ultra1plus motor oil since it is API SP licensed :unsure:

The U1p gear oil for manual transmissions is no good, though

Think you’re in the wrong place for this one bud... That’s a pricey oil and folks around here get their jollies finding cheap stuff.
Wrong place? I think that's your assumption. I just took delivery of a 21 CX5 turbo which was 43k when all was said and done. I previously ran QSUD in the 2020 naturally aspirated 3 that I traded. The QSUD evaporated a half a quart by the end of the 5k interval. If I'm going to buy an premium model I'm going to use good oil that is proven. So if I were to buy a an Audi RS7 I should run the cheapest oil from Walmart?

Don't make assumptions that everyone is cash strapped in regard to automotive needs. If these higher ticketed brands were so expensive and out of the of financial reach; don't you think the companies would have folded? ie Eneos, Motul, Liquimoly, RedLine... Etc?

Think you’re in the wrong place for this one bud... That’s a pricey oil and folks around here get their jollies finding cheap stuff.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are right to a decent degree.

If you had a oil named Trailer Park Special Blend 5w30 that was API SP and it was for sale for say 49 cents a quart... Lotta people on here would be on that like flies on dog exit bio material. :LOL:

I believe Ultra 1 Plus just joined the PQIA...

It's a legit company with well made oils.

I looked them up and yeah the prices were a good bit high.

Though if you want to run their oils I am quite sure they are of very good quality.

Wrong place? I think that's your assumption. I just took delivery of a 21 CX5 turbo which was 43k when all was said and done. I previously ran QSUD in the 2020 naturally aspirated 3 that I traded. The QSUD evaporated a half a quart by the end of the 5k interval. If I'm going to buy an premium model I'm going to use good oil that is proven. So if I were to buy a an Audi RS7 I should run the cheapest oil from Walmart?

Don't make assumptions that everyone is cash strapped in regard to automotive needs. If these higher ticketed brands were so expensive and out of the of financial reach; don't you think the companies would have folded? ie Eneos, Motul, Liquimoly, RedLine... Etc?
What steered you towards the company in question if you’re looking for “good oil that is proven?” If that’s your criteria, go over to Walmart and buy Mobil 1 EP and call it a day. There’s probably no better oil on the shelves at Walmart and dare I say it’s probably one of the best on the market.

When did I suggest folks were cash strapped? Nice little assumption you got there.

New 2021 CX5- $43,000. 6 quarts of Ultra 1 Plus 5w30 oil - $40. Telling someone not to make assumptions while making assumptions in the same sentence - priceless.

Who in their right mind would pay that kind of price for what is an API licensed oil? This oil is only proven as far as that license, if it is better they should show that it is by obtaining approvals that demonstrate the oil's abilities. Beyond that it is in no way "proven".

And as far as your Audi example goes, yes go to Walmart and purchase the least expensive oil you can find that has the required VW approval. Not a thing wrong with purchasing at Walmart, it's what you're buying there, not where you're buying it. Disparaging an ACEA sequenced oil or one with a proper manufacturer approval just because of where you can obtain it at the lowest cost is silly. It's an argument that's usually made by someone who doesn't know anything about what really constitutes proven motor oil quality.

This thread is more like some sort of marketing pitch rather than anything else.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you had a oil named Trailer Park Special Blend 5w30 that was API SP and it was for sale for say 49 cents a quart... Lotta people on here would be on that like flies on dog exit bio material. :LOL:
I think “Sho’nuff Motor Awl” has a nice ring to it. Price point is spot on though.

“Whatcha gonna put in dat Stang there, Billie? “

“Sho’nuff Motor Awl.”

For those who want a Pennsylvania 'Type' Oil . . from Rhode Island (?)

1698601877954.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gonna start my own oil company, call it BIGBOBS just throw some api sn and whatever I can come up with on the bottle and charge $2 quart. They will be all over it.

What steered you towards the company in question if you’re looking for “good oil that is proven?” If that’s your criteria, go over to Walmart and buy Mobil 1 EP and call it a day. There’s probably no better oil on the shelves at Walmart and dare I say it’s probably one of the best on the market.
Does the mobile 1 EP come in 10w40? Looking for a good motorcycle oil and automotive oil has always worked well in my bikes.

I noticed this oil yesterday when looking at T.S.C. site . It's $5.99 a quart and they're S.P. , GF-6A synthetic .

Back