Ultra Gauge OBD-II Bluetooth adapter / apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least for E46 I know there's a revised coolant expansion tank from BMW.
The correct/revised part number is included in some but not all OEM-based overhaul kits offered by major online part vendors...

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
The correct/revised part number is included in some but not all OEM-based overhaul kits offered by major online part vendors...

Do you happen to know the part number of the revised one? I'm fairly sure mine takes the same tank...

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The only parts that my LS400 after 20 years 350k miles needed to be replaced were: radiator, upper hose, water pump. These parts were replaced year and a half ago for the first time.

Correction: The pressurized expansion tank had a crack near the cap and had been replaced about 8-10 years ago.

I hate pressurized expansion tank, the reservoir tank would lasted much longer and cheaper too.

The only parts that my LS400 after 20 years 350k miles needed to be replaced were: radiator, upper hose, water pump. These parts were replaced year and a half ago for the first time.

Correction: The pressurized expansion tank had a crack near the cap and had been replaced about 8-10 years ago.

I hate pressurized expansion tank, the reservoir tank would lasted much longer and cheaper too.

Unpressurised cooling systems run hotter, so parts other than the expansion tank will degrade at a faster rate. Expansion tanks are neither costy not difficult to replace. Are there any modern vehicles with unpressurized cooling systems?

What do you mean by "Unpressurised cooling systems"; I am not aware of any current vehicle running with "Unpressurised cooling systems".

All cooling systems are pressurized.

The reservoir/expansion tank is either un-pressurized likes in my Honda S2000, or pressurized as in LS400, E430, V70 ...

Originally Posted By: Vikas
They might decide to use that explanation aka "BMW uses high performance rubber in their hoses and that is why it does not last as cheap quality rubber used in Japanese cars".

The BMW hoses are the most reliable parts of the cooling system IMO, Kevlar braid and still look good after many miles - just like the ones in my Japanese cars. It's everything else that fails though.

Went ahead and ordered the EM Plus (stand alone unit). This is the cheapest I have seen it - so might as well grab it, I thought (13% off NP).

Will review when received and set up, etc.

I am probably going to do this BMW color-mod to mine, too, when I et it
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back