Ultra 1 Plus.........................

Has anyone used this brand?

Intersting PQI link

It's a pretty darn good deal for a gallon, how bad could it really be? :)

*PDS Attached

Attachments

• PDS_U1P_75W90_SYN_GL5_ENG_Page1.jpg
    PDS_U1P_75W90_SYN_GL5_ENG_Page1.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PDS_U1P_75W90_SYN_GL5_ENG_Page2.jpg
    PDS_U1P_75W90_SYN_GL5_ENG_Page2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 54
PQIA sponsorship is good but no PQIA test results are available; it seems strange that PQIA would highlight a sponsor (in a feature article) without testing their product!

FWIW they do not currently have Dexos licenses for any of their oils but their site says the oils exceed these requirements (of course they do!) I'm not sure if they are trying to be like Amsoil/Redline or what is going on here. The price (Amazon) is nearly as high.

I run the Ultra1Plus 20w50 full synthetic motorcycle oil in the M8 harley engines and it does great.

Didn’t know there was a 1 in the name, but their 75w90 gear oil was tested in my latest gear oil thread. Seems to be a low-end tier gear oil IMHO, especially since it suffered 30% permanent shear in the 20-hour KRL test. Much better choices available at least as far as gear oils go, but it may work for shorter OCIs and less stressful applications?

The clear bottle is good so we can all see the additives as they settle to the bottom.
There were no additives other than a heavy load of VIIs, it appears. Oxidation resistance was better than some, but losing 30% viscosity permanently due to mechanical shear is a non-starter in my book. Especially when the Amsoil lost only 0.06%… the Amsoil was 500x more shear stable. 😳

My skid steer (Case 450) specs 10w30 oil for the hydraulic system (17 gallons) and drive chain oil (2 gallons each side). Given the volumes involved price is an issue. I usually just run whatever I find cheapest. Currently that's Traveler conventional at $84 per 5 gallons or ultra1plus at 77 per 5 gal blend or 86 per 5 gal full syn, all at tractor supply. I picked up some ultra1plus to try. Not sure how hydraulic use compares to engine oil use, it has a 40 gpm 3000 psi tandem gear pump so I assume shear is an issue. There is plenty of auxillary cooling and the oil runs at 160 degrees. Large full flow filtration but closed system so I would think minimal contamination except from the quick connects.

Back