U.S. Soccer

NFL players aren't allowed to strut or taunt on the field,
Meanwhile, soccer players constantly act like pro wrestlers and try to sell their fake injuries to entice a yellow card from the ref. ow my knee, ow my ankle, I wasn't even touched but watch me roll around on the field holding my ankle faking an injury pretending to be hurt.

Sure is lots of hollywooding in soccer. It cheapens the sport and is embarrassing.

Soccer is to sports as EVs are to cars. An overhyped niche market that makes most yawn.

1670104804736.jpg

NFL players aren't allowed to strut or taunt on the field
OMG! It’s rare a flag gets thrown, but the strutting, chest thumping, arms crossed and head shaking, s@#& talking is endless! Let a mediocre defensive back stop a runner for a 1 yard gain and he runs into the backfield and chest thumps and profiles like he just saved his team and won the Super Bowl! It’s your job idiot! If he scores a TD he and the rest of the team run straight for the end zone cameras all the while doing the aforementioned childish behavior. The game could sure use a little humility and a few Walter Payton’s and Gale Sayers!

Meanwhile, soccer players constantly act like pro wrestlers and try to sell their fake injuries to entice a yellow card from the ref. ow my knee, ow my ankle, I wasn't even touched but watch me roll around on the field holding my ankle faking an injury pretending to be hurt.

Sure is lots of hollywooding in soccer. It cheapens the sport and is embarrassing.
Mexico didn’t make it out of group stage

NFL players aren't allowed to strut or taunt on the field, and in before or after game interviews they seldom do it either The overwhelming vibe is a sense of dread that next week could be the one where they get hurt. They're out there for a paycheck like anyone else.
The comment was not centered on the players whatsoever. It was based on the business model of the NFL has much more in common with the business model of the wwe, than of the business model of professional soccer.

NFL players aren't allowed to strut or taunt on the field
Not allowed to "strut" as in celebrate ? Have you seen how just about every team acts when they score a touchdown ? Almost the entire offensive side joins together in the end zone and strut, dance, etc.

I can assure you that if I'm clumbsily tackled, wearing nothing but shin pads and cleats, by one on the fittest athletes in the world with metal studs, going full tilt, I'm making sure that he pays for it, by means of going down warranting a foul. Will I roll around forever no. Hockey players that would snap their heads back after getting high sticked in the face were said to be dramatic, why? If you're going to be reckless with your stick and hit me in the face, I'm making sure the ref knows, period.

I’m old enough to remember the North American Soccer League and the big splash that the New York Cosmos made in the late 70’s. Their largest home crowd was August of 1977 when they played before 77,000 plus in Giants Stadium in New Jersey. Everyone thought soccer in North America was taking off but just a few years later attendance fell off and the NASL was history. Not sure if soccer will ever catch on here. Low scoring, huge fields, resulting in endless back and forth rushes which entertain only the most rabid of fans. Hey look, if you like it, play it, attend it, support it. Why the worry of it “catching on?” It’s not for everybody. 45 years later most Cosmos fans would have to agree.

The replays show this to be true. 90% show the players are lobbying the officials for a yellow card when the replays show that the majority of the writhing, grimacing, shin grabbing whiners are untouched and the crowd is going crazy. If “pro” wrestling were to incorporate a ball, it would be called soccer!

All of them?
He didn't say that, at all. Equating the two is silly as well.... Name a country that has ZERO indoor plumbing. There are parts of the US without indoor plumbing just like other countries don't have 100% indoor plumbing.

He didn't say that, at all. Equating the two is silly as well.... Name a country that has ZERO indoor plumbing. There are parts of the US without indoor plumbing just like other countries don't have 100% indoor plumbing.
The poster I replied to sounds like they want to play, so ok let's play.

Saying, "The brains in USA come from countries with interests in soccer," sounds silly. Go ahead and criticize that post.

Of all the teams remaining to win the World Cup, who is the biggest underdog ?

It will become popular as the generations pass. Soccer was hardly even a blip on anyone's radar when I was a kid in the 80s-90s. It's become more of a blip these days. Give it another generation or two and it will be up there.

On the flip side baseball, back then the world series was on par with the Superbowl. The popularity of the sport has declined quite a bit since then.

On the flip side baseball, back then the world series was on par with the Superbowl.
Remember when American sports like baseball, football, etc called their champions "world champions" ? 😂

Back