TW Seal & Shine

Originally Posted by alarmguy
Originally Posted by Skippy722

Call me stupid Skippy but what product are you talking about ? *LOL*
and
Grampi ... are you saying the Collinite is good to use on the exterior plastics too?

I still have the McQuires unopened that I bought and I will most likely try that first but ... never know.

I should have put that in there
lol.gif
Turtle Wax Shine n Seal

Wow that's impressive so I should be able to easily get away using seal and shine two times a year?

Probably, I clay barred the car real good before I did the wax though, that might have helped.

^^^
I just saw a product called Griots Garage Ceramic 3 in 1 wax ... its a spray on I have to look into it as well.

Good god, just as I am settling in with oils, now getting crazy about wax. In the "old" days it was Rain Dance hands down, then onto NuFinish, now here I am, in a new to me Black Metallic Traverse getting all crazy on what to use. (I actually put NuFinish on the hood) thing is I do not want to go or get near any plastics on the vehicle with it so its not the solution I am looking for anymore.

Ill keep the Seal and Shine in mind.
As well as Meguiars (could care less if I spelled a family name wrong or not :eek:) Amazing the comment from some people in here, most likely they think Meguiars is a word) Ulimtate Synthetic Wax which I bought and will try out.
BUT, with that said I may, based on comments order a pray on product called Griots Garage Ceramic 3 in 1 wax

Bottom line, I want a wax that I can cover not only the car with, but painted plastics and non painted plastics. Its would be great if the product is promoted like that as well. I currently have the TW Spray and Wax for that and its ok. I have a good supply of Nu Finish which is also for the boat.

I do feel that a product like the Meguiars wax, liquid that you apply, let dry and wipe off will last longer and maybe less issues with streaking too.

Last edited:
^^ hmmm ... just watched some torture tests and most of all comments and posts, seems like Seal and Shine is the king of spray on.
Ill go the apply and wipe haze route since I have the Mcquairs Synthetic Wax already.
Also still have the TW spray and wax.
I actually put NuFinish on the hood/trunk of my wifes Mazda and TW Spray and Wax on the roof. It will be an interesting test but I can see already within weeks the NuFinish is going to blow the TW Spray and Wax away.

Im not so sure the TW Wax and Seal is labeled to intentionally apply to black plastic and windows though. The TW Spray and Wax seems to promote it while the Wax and Seal does not from what I remember when reading the labels in Walmart

Last edited:
I actually put NuFinish on the hood/trunk of my wifes Mazda and TW Spray and Wax on the roof. It will be an interesting test but I can see already within weeks the NuFinish is going to blow the TW Spray and Wax away.

With NuFinish, that is so normal. It just lasts a LONG time!

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Way off on product names ^^^
TW has ICE spray wax
Green bottle wax n' dry
ICE Seal n shine

Yes, your correct ...

and yes ... NuFinish lasts a long time, love it on the roof and hood.

I like Turtle Wax Ice spray because I'm lazy. I can spray it on everything. Paint, rubber, black plastic, and even glass (it leaves visible residue on glass, but I already said I'm lazy). I'm not winning any car shows, I just want to protect the paint, keep dirt from sticking, and make that water bead.

Yes I can understand that but exactly which one do you use?
The ice spray wax or the ice seal and shine?

I just have the spray wax. I don't know why there are so many different kinds.

Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger

Very cool. I was interested in your post because you state it lasts almost a year, that would work for me too.
I could then assume the Ice Spray and Wax that you are using would easily make it a few months, as I would do it 2 or maybe 3 times a year.
The Ice Spray and Wax, what I like about the "words" on its label is more specific saying its good for plastics, rubber and glass.

The Ice Seal and Shine just mentions it will leave no residue on plastics. (as best I remember the two labels but had them side by side) so at the time I purchased the Ice Spray and Wax I was also buying it to protect the rubber plastics and also not have to worry about the glass.

Ill be experimenting with a bunch of stuff this year. Except its been nuts here this year, every single day it seems we have been getting evening thunderstorms/rain and really messes up the evenings when I would like to try some of the stuff I bought.

I am curious if you keep your vehicle in the garage, that can make a big difference in how long any wax lasts.

Yeah, the manufacturers are killing themselves with so many products now. Its out of control, instead of standing behind one or two products as market leaders, they throw everything out there hoping for market share. Much marketing now is not so much about the product but what triggers someone to purchase something and since we are all different, they take a lot of different approaches.
More or less the public doesnt research what product is best, heck, not even Consumer Reports does any more. So the manufacturer, based on physiological science (a formula based on our brains) puts products out there that will trigger the impulse to buy it. (wording, container color, things that trigger a response to buy ect)

If you think about it, one product, NuFinish is the leader for long lasting durability, for decades and still a top seller, plain orange bottle. But marketing/research from others companies grab market share in other ways with multiple, multiple product lines, even though they do the same thing.
The one thing I am looking for is the NuFinish durability that can also be used on rubber and plastics but with so many products out there, its kind of muddy which is best and lasts the longest.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger

Very cool. I was interested in your post because you state it lasts almost a year, that would work for me too.
I could then assume the Ice Spray and Wax that you are using would easily make it a few months, as I would do it 2 or maybe 3 times a year.
The Ice Spray and Wax, what I like about the "words" on its label is more specific saying its good for plastics, rubber and glass.

The Ice Seal and Shine just mentions it will leave no residue on plastics. (as best I remember the two labels but had them side by side) so at the time I purchased the Ice Spray and Wax I was also buying it to protect the rubber plastics and also not have to worry about the glass.

Ill be experimenting with a bunch of stuff this year. Except its been nuts here this year, every single day it seems we have been getting evening thunderstorms/rain and really messes up the evenings when I would like to try some of the stuff I bought.

I am curious if you keep your vehicle in the garage, that can make a big difference in how long any wax lasts.

Yeah, the manufacturers are killing themselves with so many products now. Its out of control, instead of standing behind one or two products as market leaders, they throw everything out there hoping for market share. Much marketing now is not so much about the product but what triggers someone to purchase something and since we are all different, they take a lot of different approaches.
More or less the public doesnt research what product is best, heck, not even Consumer Reports does any more. So the manufacturer, based on physiological science (a formula based on our brains) puts products out there that will trigger the impulse to buy it. (wording, container color, things that trigger a response to buy ect)

If you think about it, one product, NuFinish is the leader for long lasting durability, for decades and still a top seller, plain orange bottle. But marketing/research from others companies grab market share in other ways with multiple, multiple product lines, even though they do the same thing.
The one thing I am looking for is the NuFinish durability that can also be used on rubber and plastics but with so many products out there, its kind of muddy which is best and lasts the longest.

No garage here. I park under a tree that drops berries, and berries that have come out of birds. I use the spray and wax after every wash. It makes washing much easier.

Originally Posted by grampi
I was excited about trying this product after I saw that so many people in this forum rant and rave about it. I'm glad it was only $8. I applied it to a section of the hood, and no amount of wiping or buffing would get rid of the blotchy look it left. I grabbed my trusty bottle of Collinite 845 and finished my vehicle and it looked awesome! IMO, the TW S&S doesn't hold a candle to Collinite in terms of looks, or ease of use...

Need to learn how to use it "properly".

and
Grampi ... are you saying the Collinite is good to use on the exterior plastics too?

I still have the McQuires unopened that I bought and I will most likely try that first but ... never know.

lol.gif
Turtle Wax Shine n Seal

Wow that's impressive so I should be able to easily get away using seal and shine two times a year?

Ideally, every 3 months.

Originally Posted by painfx

and

lol.gif
Turtle Wax Shine n Seal

Ideally, every 3 months.

Ohhh ... well I bought the Meguiars Ultimate Wax and will see how that goes. Its an apply, haze and wipe off product. I REALLY want that type of product as long as it can be applied to black plastic too.
Hopefully its durable.
It will be a good test as I have NuFinish on the hood already, Will see what lasts longer. Actually I have the NuFinish on my wifes Mazda hood too and applied the Ice Spray and Wax to the roof as a test.
Will see how the Meguiars lasts.

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive...wax-g18216-16-oz-liquid-applicator-towel

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to try Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax. It was a little easier to work with than the Hybrid Solutions product, which it is applied over.

I had less streaking, and less an effort to remove in the few places where I let it get a little thick. Immediately very smooth and slick, with very good gloss.

Will have to wait and see about durability since it is applied over the HS product. I'm hoping to get to late fall for a winter application.

Last edited:
Back