TW Seal N Shine New Formula

Hi Everyone,

Just curious if anyone has any feedback for the new formula of Seal N shine. I know it is very durable against chemicals - - but what I want to know is how long does it actually last on a vehicle parked outside 7 days a week?

I have used the old formula a while ago - then went back to Collinite 845.

I am curious to try it again and am wondering how long it actually lasts in the real world.

Thanks
NM

Here's a recent thread on TW S&S and there are other threads here too.

Here's a recent thread on TW S&S and there are other threads here too.

Thanks

They had the original seal n shine then the new improved formula that added UV protection(marked with the small yellow tab at on the bottle. Let’s refer to it as 2.0). I haven’t followed up on TW news in a while so I can speak about it unless they came out with another(3rd) formulation.

My Tacoma sits outside 24/7. Too big to fit in the garage. Black truck. Picks up a lot of heat, sits in road brine, and then goes thru the touch less wash in the winter. I see about 2 months of literal “just waxed” look out of SNS 2.0 before it starts deteriorating. I reapply when I see early signs due to the fact that I’m not fond of prepping the truck all over again. I say it’s probably still 70% there at 2 months. Enough to notice, but still present none the less.

on cars that are garaged I see about 4-5 months before deterioration. It’ll probably take closer to 12 months for complete failure.

Just applied it to our E550... only prep was pH aggressive wash, tar-x, iron-x, autoscrub fine with nanolube. Car is relatively new to me and needs a paint correction, but don't have time now.

P1010669.JPG

How long do you need it to last? Spray it on every other month or if you start to see a reduction in performance and don't worry about it.

No point in trying to stretch a $10 bottle out over several years, IMO.
Just looking for feedback - - trying to compare it to collinite 845 which is my go to right now.
I am loving the glow and wet look from the carnuba.

FWIW, Brian at Apex Detail prefers the older formulation. Not sure why.

FWIW, Brian at Apex Detail prefers the older formulation. Not sure why.
I don’t know why, either, but in my experience the old version lasted longer. Perhaps the added UV protection mitigates longevity? I don’t know, just a guess.

Back