TW Seal N Shine New Formula

Hi Everyone,

Just curious if anyone has any feedback for the new formula of Seal N shine. I know it is very durable against chemicals - - but what I want to know is how long does it actually last on a vehicle parked outside 7 days a week?

I have used the old formula a while ago - then went back to Collinite 845.

I am curious to try it again and am wondering how long it actually lasts in the real world.

Thanks
NM

Here's a recent thread on TW S&S and there are other threads here too.

Here's a recent thread on TW S&S and there are other threads here too.

Thanks

They had the original seal n shine then the new improved formula that added UV protection(marked with the small yellow tab at on the bottle. Let’s refer to it as 2.0). I haven’t followed up on TW news in a while so I can speak about it unless they came out with another(3rd) formulation.

My Tacoma sits outside 24/7. Too big to fit in the garage. Black truck. Picks up a lot of heat, sits in road brine, and then goes thru the touch less wash in the winter. I see about 2 months of literal “just waxed” look out of SNS 2.0 before it starts deteriorating. I reapply when I see early signs due to the fact that I’m not fond of prepping the truck all over again. I say it’s probably still 70% there at 2 months. Enough to notice, but still present none the less.

on cars that are garaged I see about 4-5 months before deterioration. It’ll probably take closer to 12 months for complete failure.

Just applied it to our E550... only prep was pH aggressive wash, tar-x, iron-x, autoscrub fine with nanolube. Car is relatively new to me and needs a paint correction, but don't have time now.

P1010669.JPG

How long do you need it to last? Spray it on every other month or if you start to see a reduction in performance and don't worry about it.

No point in trying to stretch a $10 bottle out over several years, IMO.
Just looking for feedback - - trying to compare it to collinite 845 which is my go to right now.
I am loving the glow and wet look from the carnuba.

FWIW, Brian at Apex Detail prefers the older formulation. Not sure why.
I don’t know why, either, but in my experience the old version lasted longer. Perhaps the added UV protection mitigates longevity? I don’t know, just a guess.

Back