TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wax Over A Cleaner Wax ?

I recently waxed my car with Meg's Cleaner Wax and want to know if the TW Hybrid SolutionsWax can be applied over the Meg's Cleaner Wax with good results ?

108 reads but no replies ? ... I tell you what - I will wash , clay apply Meg's Cleaner Wax then apply the TW Hybrid Ceramic and let you know if my paint curdles or fails to bead water (lol !)

Chris, I don't know what Meg's wax is, but I've used, interchangeably, about every spray "wax" or "cleaner wax" or "ceramic" that Walmart sells on my 14 Accord and it never failed to bead like crazy. Try a section and see how it goes. If ok, then finish the rest of the car.

If you are willing to clay after you wash the car, why not use a quality polish and follow it up with your TW product?

I’ve always heard a “cleaner wax” is somewhat harsh on paint versus using separate steps.

Are you applying the products by hand or using a DA?

I am currently doing some trials on my TL and my MDX with TW Hybrid solutions..
My TL got a pre-scrub with auto-glym magma, i love this stuff.. i recently learned this, and other similar products are called liquid claybar..

MY MDX got a good wash, auto-glym soap, and both cars got 2 layers of the TWHS.

My first impression is that the TW stuck a little better to the TL, the MDX got washed with a super strong soap solutions [in error...] and it appeared the TW was -somewhat- removed... i had to reapply the TW
but both cars bead like crazy when washed and rinsed..

Meguiars cleaner wax (maroon bottle) is a very mild cleaner AIO wax. TW hybrid "should" be applied to bare clear coat but, it won't last as long since applied over the wax. Cleaner wax typically last 3-6 weeks.

Meguiars cleaner wax (maroon bottle) is a very mild cleaner AIO wax. TW hybrid "should" be applied to bare clear coat but, it won't last as long since applied over the wax. Cleaner wax typically last 3-6 weeks.
*Thank you - yes, This is the Meg's cleaner wax I will use ... I'll just wash in a few weeks after the Meg's and apply the TW Hybrid after the Meg's cleaner wax has worn off .

Make sure you put that TW on very thin. I just did my RV with it and noticed that the further I got down the side the duller the finish looked. As my application cloth got more damp it applied thicker rather than absorbing into the cloth and it drys fast so was difficult to buff out. I am hoping it will lessen the black streaks or at least make them easier to get off. This is my first attempt with any spray finish, I usually use Starbrite Ultra and a buffer but thats a 2-3 day job.

**OP Here : The experiment did not go well : The TW Hybrid Ceramic Wax over the Meg's Cleaner Wax was hard to remove . Following instructions of the TW Hybrid wax is the best approach for sure .

Back