Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waxed the Accord in my sig today, used a 3 year old bottle of Turtle Wax Ice Liquid that I had laying around. The results surprised me. Easy on, pretty easy to take off, and a nice slick finish left behind. I am a Meguiars fan, so complementing Turtle Wax has to mean something
wink.gif
Unfortunately, while at the dirt track races tonight, the car was coated in a heavy layer of dust. So hopefully that will wash off with the rain on its own, all that hard work just to get dirty but thats the way it goes.
20140816_1041091_zps1493cb62.jpg

Looks good! I bought ICE when it first came out and wasn't impressed. It looks like I might give it another try, thanks for posting!

Looks nice, I kinda wanna try it depending on the price. I to like meguairs (ultimate). Works well my newest car a 95 regal (same paint color) looks very nice. I want to get a dark colored car tho. I can never appreciate a good wax job on a light colored car. Still looks nice!

I've used ICE for several years now on my bikes and cars and it holds up well; water beads and rolls right off. Must say tho, the car finishes were in good shape to begin with. Spray and wipes off easily. No serious rubbing. Can do the car in 10 min. The one exception is my 2000 Ranger, been sitting under a shed roof for years, used very little, never waxed, and only rarely washed...usually only when it was out in the rain. With only 45,000 on it, decided to get some good out of it so sold off one of my cars. Put a couple coats of ICE on it and it shines like crazy. It doesn't take off embedded stuff, just puts a shine over top of it, but the Ford looks better than it has for 10 years.

Another excellent product is Lucus Slick Mist...works about a good as Rain-X on windows (I use it on my motorcycle windshield and car side and rear windows), and works well on car bodys. Takes just a bit more rubbing to get haze off but nothing drastic.

Did you use the ICE Liquid Wax (which is relatively new), or the ICE Liquid Polish which is no longer made. Read the label as they look the same. I loved the Polish but like I said, no longer made. I do have a little left. I also have some of the Wax, but not as good. Also have the ICE Detailer which I also like.

I now use the Liquid Wax in the same way that I use the Liquid Detailer, saving the little bit of Liquid Polish I have left for "special occasions".

FYI, the Liquid Polish is NOT spray but a liquid applied with the enclosed applicator spong or just a cloth. (A little goes a long way). Instructions say to apply over the whole car (remember, a little goes a long way) then wipe off the whole car. Takes me all of 20 it 25 minutes to do my car. Also has a distinctive pleasent odor. Phoned Turtle Wax asking why the don't make it any more but did not get a good answer. (Could be because you use so little of it, that they did not sell much).

The Liquid (Spray) Detailer is good, plus I can use it on my windshield with no problems when using the wipers.
The Liquid (Spray) Wax is ok, but can't use it on windshield and I will not buy it again.

I have some of the TW liquid polish in a spray bottle. I bought it with a new truck 2007 and didn't use much of it. I didn't care about such things then, but it was recommended, especially because you could use it in full sun. It was all the rage then. I'll give it another try on a family vehicle.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
Did you use the ICE Liquid Wax (which is relatively new), or the ICE Liquid Polish which is no longer made. Read the label as they look the same. I loved the Polish but like I said, no longer made. I do have a little left. I also have some of the Wax, but not as good. Also have the ICE Detailer which I also like.

I now use the Liquid Wax in the same way that I use the Liquid Detailer, saving the little bit of Liquid Polish I have left for "special occasions".

FYI, the Liquid Polish is NOT spray but a liquid applied with the enclosed applicator spong or just a cloth. (A little goes a long way). Instructions say to apply over the whole car (remember, a little goes a long way) then wipe off the whole car. Takes me all of 20 it 25 minutes to do my car. Also has a distinctive pleasent odor. Phoned Turtle Wax asking why the don't make it any more but did not get a good answer. (Could be because you use so little of it, that they did not sell much).

The Liquid (Spray) Detailer is good, plus I can use it on my windshield with no problems when using the wipers.
The Liquid (Spray) Wax is ok, but can't use it on windshield and I will not buy it again.

It is the Wax, not the Polish.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob

I use the relatively new liquid WAX in a spray bottle.

I just used the remaining TW Ice Polish I've had sitting on the shelf for a while on both the Frontier and the Sierra. I'd forgotten how nice the stuff actually worked. It really is easy on/easy off and really shines after a nice microfiber buffing afterwards. I've been using Meguiars for the past couple of years and I still like it. I just wanted to try something else and I'm not disappointed with the results so far.

I'm a fan of Turtle Wax Ice. I've been using the paste, but from many recommendations I've heard from others, I think I'm going to try the liquid wax next. Don't judge any wax product line by the spray wax product that they may offer. Spray wax products are not good for much of anything. They are only slightly more useful than detail spray.

With the Turtle Wax Ice paste, I get about 3 months out of a wax job. And that is with weekly car washes. From what others have told me, the liquid wax is just about as durable as the paste, and a lot easier to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back