Turtle wax Ceramic vs NuFinish

Just finish applying a coat of Turtle was Hybrid ceramic and my observations. TWC provides a much smoother surface. TWC has higher Gloss and looks much more professional. NuFinish requires one less step for applying because it has a mild cleaner. NuFinish requires less labor because you can use a machine buffer to finish the process.The conclusion that after using NuFinish for 20+ years, that TWC is my new go to wax. I expect the same durability. Just my observations. Ed

Just finish applying a coat of Turtle was Hybrid ceramic and my observations. TWC provides a much smoother surface. TWC has higher Gloss and looks much more professional. NuFinish requires one less step for applying because it has a mild cleaner. NuFinish requires less labor because you can use a machine buffer to finish the process.The conclusion that after using NuFinish for 20+ years, that TWC is my new go to wax. I expect the same durability. Just my observations. Ed
My issue with NuFinish was getting it on vinyl trim. That was a PIA to deal with. My Jeep had a lot of vinyl trim.

I overcame the NuFinish trim issue by being careful and in some cases, I used a cardboard shield to separate paint and trim.

It is probable that the TWC is a thicker, softer coat, so will look deeper, but wear away faster and pick up more grime. Some would put the NF on first, expect a year out of it, then put the TWC on top every 4 to 6 mos., keep reapplying the TWC unless you wait too long, then strip both off and start with a NF base again.

Recently I read several articles on how NuFinish was changed after the sale of the brand to new owners. They deny it was changed but the color and viscosity are indeed different. A few claims were made that the durability was also compromised. For what it's worth.

Recently I read several articles on how NuFinish was changed after the sale of the brand to new owners. They deny it was changed but the color and viscosity are indeed different. A few claims were made that the durability was also compromised. For what it's worth.
Agreed, if your bottle says Energizer on the back it's crap.
If it says Reed union it is the older better formula

I tried the TW hybrid solutions after seeing the test on project farm. It's worked pretty well during the winter months.

What do you do when you apply a second coat after a few months? I did a strip of the old wax and then clay Bar first before apply two coats of the TW Coating.

Please let us know in 6 months if it has held up.

BTW, I like gNuFinish. It has a wonderful yet subtle zoo like fragrance.

1613761860138.png

I could detect NO difference in NuFinish, old vs New formula. The stuff I put on the last few years was still beading up after a full year. I drive car every day but, garaged every night. I will check my TWC in 6 months and 12 months and report

Today is One year after applying the TURTLE WAX HYBRED CERAMAC on my MAZDA CX5. After washing my vehicle the, paint still beads water in small tight units. My conclusion is that NewFinish and Turtle wax Hybred will last 1+ years in Florida if the vehicle is garage kept. Ed

I used to use NuFinish years ago but have since switched to Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic. But according to various reviews, Griot's 3-1 Ceramic is just as good as the Turtle wax but lasts longer. Even with two coats of the Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic, it doesn't last the full year. But my car is parked outside and exposed to the the rain and snow. Going to switch to Groit's once my current bottle of Turtle Wax runs out.

Back