NuFinish questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a recovering audiophile, and ended up using the speakers with the receiver for the family instead of with the tube gear and the turntable. I did have limits though (no more than $500 per component), didn't buy into all of the 'common wisdom', but also ended up being extreme in some areas relative to other audiophiles (a system has to do well in time domain, have a good impulse response, in order to be considered as a candidate for being 'accurate'). One of my favorites was hearing about someone spending $2000 on a pair of interconnect cables, and then after they hooked them up asking them to open the gear up and see what the cables were connected to; often it was just some hookup wire from the connector to the PC board.

As with any product you need to consider what you're paying for. With an expensive finish most seem to be concerned about some type of shine and depth and other attributes that I don't care about, while durability (beading water) might be marginal even if the vehicle is garaged and 'booster' are applied on regular basis. On that basis I don't care what 'professionals' use, I only want the product that beads water the longest on vehicles that aren't garaged. That's why I'm currently using NuFinish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back