Trying to set up new iphone 14 Plus.

I'm sitting here trying to set up my new iPhone 14 Plus. When trying to transfer the data from my iPhone 7 to my new one, it keeps saying, "unable to complete data transfer". Anyone else ever run into that problem? And if so, how did you resolve it?

Connect both phones to the same WiFi network. IIRC you should be able to use a lightning cable to transfer your data.

Yep, got them both on my wifi. Don't have a lightning cable though, guess I'll have to buy one.

Make sure new phone is connected to Wi-Fi. I believe when I set up my 13, there were 2 options to transfer data. One was through a cloud backup, then there was another option. Might be worth tying the other option

Yep, got them both on my wifi. Don't have a lightning cable though, guess I'll have to buy one.
How do you charge your phone, then? iPhone 7 doesn't support wireless charging, due to the fact that it's not glass.

It was weird, it went for about 45 minutes, and just suddenly stopped, and gave me that message.

How do you charge your phone, then? iPhone 7 doesn't support wireless charging, due to the fact that it's not glass.
It's a lighting to USB cable. One end has the small plug that goes into the phone, and the other end is the larger USB plug (that plugs into the ac head cube).

@aquariuscsm The iPhone 8 Plus 256B was my last iPhone. After that, I gave up on Apple and sold my MacBook Pros, iMac, and old Mac Pro. So I'm a bit dated when it comes to Apple. However, what always seems to work is a complete backup to iCloud. Then restore your backup to the new phone. As far as I can tell, the iPhone 14 still uses the ancient Lightning port. So, a Lightning to Lightning cable, maybe?

generally you should be able to transfer files thru Quick Transfer(Automatically) from screen to screen, via iCloud, or manually

you should not need a cable

we are living in a wireless age anyway :)

I get this:

Apple.jpg

do you have a PC? or mac? backup the old phone to the computer, then restore the new phone form the backup.

I had this problem when I got my 13 pro max. Ended up having to back up my old phone to my computer, then restore that backup to the new phone.

But my wife’s phone had no problems at all using the wireless transfer, go figure.

Nope, I've never used the cloud.

I recommend it. You get 5GB free. Depending on your needs it can be really inexpensive. When I purchase a new iPhone I just sign into the iCloud and everything spills over.

Back