Trying to replace Samsung Vibrant cracked screen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever change out this model? I believe it's also a Galaxy S.I bought just the replacement glass.Now,after disassembling it,it appears that the digitizer and glass is glued together! Anyone know if there's ant way to separate them? The proper replacement is around 80.00+

I don't think that you can. As part of it’s design, the Samsung Vibrant uses a single assembly that includes the front glass, the touchscreen digitizer and the main LCD.

Here's a vid:

Man, i really want to tear it apart and hit the screen with a hairdryer, but if i ruin it,100.00 plus to repair it.It's working fine right now with a badly cracked screen.

I believe with heat you can separate the lcd screen from the glass, but I don't know how or if the replacement piece rebonds.

I feel your pain. I dropped my Focus on concrete a couple of months ago and cracked the glass badly. A new screen is about $115.00. Not sure if it's worth it to replace it or just pop for a new phone.

I cut some clear carton sealing tape and put it over the cracked screen to try to prevent further damage and keep it sorta sealed from humidity, etc.

No, no, carton sealing tape.

The duct tape is what I use to keep it on my belt since I lost the carry case.

crackmeup2.gif

It was super easy to change the screen when I busted my iphone on a hard laboratory floor.

There are a lot of small parts, but so long as you have a few correct tools, Id imagine it isnt that tough.

I dont know specifically for that model, but I cannot imagine it it that differently constructed than the iphone, which took maybe 15-20 minutes, start to finish.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I dont know specifically for that model, but I cannot imagine it it that differently constructed than the iphone, which took maybe 15-20 minutes, start to finish.
It's easy to change out,problem is ,the glass and digitizer are bonded together where you can't separate them.Cheapest i found so far was 88.00 for the piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back