Trying out Beck/Arnley 041-8181 (2008 Subaru Forester X)

Hey folks,

During my last oil change I got a wild hair and decided to stray from OEM. I used a Beck/Arnley from rockauto. These filters seem to not get much attention, but it appears to be very well-made. I made a YouTube video with a little overview of it and others as applicable to this particular year/model Subaru.

I’ve got about 500 miles on it now. No issues. I’ll be cutting it open around the 3,750 mile mark and also run a UOA with the Supertech 5W-30 synthetic blend that I used. I’ll share both here when that time comes.

Anyone else with experience using the B/A products? I know they rebox some things, but this filter seems rather unique.

l used a B/A for my '15 Impreza before l traded it in earlier this year. 041-8059 l believe. lt was rated for the correct Subaru bypass PSI.
Got it from Rockauto. They were EcoGard branded. No issues.

Excellent content. Thank you. I used beck arnley take pads on my truck with good results.

Excellent content. Thank you. I used beck arnley take pads on my truck with good results.
Thanks! It was my first run playing around with a video editor. I was worried I got too carried away. 😂

I’ve actually got to replace some brakes soon. Were you able to tell if your B/A truck brakes were reboxed OEM or another manufacturer? Where were they made?

Thanks! It was my first run playing around with a video editor. I was worried I got too carried away. 😂

I’ve actually got to replace some brakes soon. Were you able to tell if your B/A truck brakes were reboxed OEM or another manufacturer? Where were they made?
I believe Toyota uses several manufacturers for their pads (advics, etc). They certainly perform to OEM levels. I ordered B/A pads and got Advics so they are OEM.

People drive with zero issues using absolute jobber pads from the quick lube places - a reputable OEM supplier should be an easy choice.

Last edited:
Back