Trying ARX for a sludged-up Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I thank Frank for continuing to adapt the auto-rx process for maximum effectiveness. I would gladly do a 3 ounce per quart maintenance dose on my Saab. I may have to squeak in under the 9-1 price increase.

Frank, UzLess, I sent a copy of mine.
I'm sure it's the same thing...

The new brochure is nice with the before and after pictures!
Brochure mentions going to "www.rms13.com" (just above the pictures) for more pictures, but that web address is for sale??? Typo?

quote:

Originally posted by mburnickas:
So 3 oz per qt for Maintenace Amount (MA)? That is more then the standard ARX ammount for cleaning every 25K miles. That is also every oil change.

Example a 5 qt sys would be 15 ounces for MA. If I did a oil change every 7,500 miles that would be 45 ounces of ARX every 25K miles (approx). Would it not be cheaper to just do the cleaning every 25K for XXX dollars? Am I reading this right?

The Maintenance Amount is simply adding 3 oz total each time you change the oil. Not 3 oz. per quart.

Yep, you're right.
lol.gif
B/c frank tells you to save the 2 ounces from the 12 ounce bottle for a maint dose-assuming you have a 5 qt. sump.

We did not contract the test out . Went with current customers whose experience with Auto-Rx qualifies them to give there opinion re:Auto-Rx Maintenace Program

It is 2 ounces of Auto-Rx with each oil change "unless your driving a sludge bucket than it is 3 ounces. You keep forgetting that you can skip an oil change ($$) and perfrormance benefits of Auto-Rx stay the same plus you never have to clean the engine again. Gains in keeping your car in top shape getting best mpg possible
for your vehicle. Makes the cost negligble.

I feel your pain, but go ahead with ARX. My wifes
passat was sludged at 60,000 mi. Almost no oil pressure.I did a standard ARX treatment and drove very carefully. At the end of the rinse, changed to
synthetic, took it back to my independent mechanic.
Oil pressure was within factory specs. Mechanic couldn't believe it. Engine replacement on this car
was $9,000. This stuff does work. If it fixed this
engine, it'll fix anything that will hold together long enough to get through the treatment. GOOD LUCK

Don't waste the ARX on that engine. I had some lifter noise and some minor sluding on an old car several years ago. The car took 3.8 quarts of oil. Here is what I did:

1. Instal new oil filter
2. 2 quarts of HDEO oil (Rotella T)
3. 1.8 quarts of kerosene
4. Start engine and run only at idle. Do not put a load on engine. Every once in a while blip the throttle to 3000 rpm and back down.

5. After running for about 45 minutes, drain, put some clean cheap oil in it. Drive it on highway for 30-60 minutes, drain and refill with good oil. The cheap oil is to ensure all of the kero is out of engine.

Just another reason to use a syn oil. I use it in my parents cars because of the fact I know it will hold up and not toast the engine if left in for too long.
Good luck with the flush and RX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back