Try again, Win 2000 logon password recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pos, but I need to set-up another workstation for my (other) office. I basicly need password recovery, but lo, the freeware seems to refer to passwords for "files".

So, I need to boot it and get past logon, and then get it online (it still has old registry errors circa 2002) before I even can download any password recovery programme. See, I can download and create a boot disk or whatever on *this* computer, but I'm guessing the recovery freeware is umm, for downloading to the computer you want to get the password for!

Am I mistaken, a super-noob, not worth the effort??? (a Pentium III)

Please help!

Use a Linux CD to boot the machine and download the recovery tool onto a USB stick or floppy.

edit; oops, misunderstood original ?; seems to be a chicken and egg situation.

Last edited:
I just PMed you a link to a program. UnRar it, then burn it to a floppy or a CD and boot to it.

It will allow you to change the boot password.

LMK if you get it to work. It saved my behind a couple times already.
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
It's a pos, but I need to set-up another workstation for my (other) office. I basicly need password recovery, but lo, the freeware seems to refer to passwords for "files".

So, I need to boot it and get past logon, and then get it online (it still has old registry errors circa 2002) before I even can download any password recovery programme. See, I can download and create a boot disk or whatever on *this* computer, but I'm guessing the recovery freeware is umm, for downloading to the computer you want to get the password for!

Am I mistaken, a super-noob, not worth the effort??? (a Pentium III)

Please help!

Find a public library that still has a floppy drive and use the software to create a boot floppy, bring it home and pop the floppy in the Pentium III (it should still have a floppy in P3, I think).

Ophcrack is a tool that I have used in the past. You need to change the BIOS to boot from a CD, so if there is a BIOS password you have another problem...
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back