Trusty Cook Hammers

Needed some hammers for my home garage. Trusty Cook had a sale last week so I picked up their 45oz dead-blow, 43oz ball peen dead-blow, 26 oz slimline dead-blow and 36oz ball peen dead-blow.

I have never been a hammer connoisseur nor have I been a heavy user of them, but I was told that Trusty Cook makes good quality products. To be perfectly honest, I am not sure what a good hammer is supposed to feel like, but these feel reasonably decent to me.

Aside from the plastic and brass/bronze hammers that I will eventually be buying, are there any other hammers for automotive use that I should be considering?

Attachments

• B801893F-51CA-4425-980A-DF8D09ABFC82.jpeg
    B801893F-51CA-4425-980A-DF8D09ABFC82.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 36
Needed some hammers for my home garage. Trusty Cook had a sale last week so I picked up their 45oz dead-blow, 43oz ball peen dead-blow, 26 oz slimline dead-blow and 36oz ball peen dead-blow.

I have never been a hammer connoisseur nor have I been a heavy user of them, but I was told that Trusty Cook makes good quality products. To be perfectly honest, I am not sure what a good hammer is supposed to feel like, but these feel reasonably decent to me.

Aside from the plastic and brass/bronze hammers that I will eventually be buying, are there any other hammers for automotive use that I should be considering?
I use old timers like this and a couple of others, a couple of dead blow and brass and a 5lb hand sledge. I do have a nice set of Martin body hammers and dolly's and tear drop mallets but those are very job specific.

Eastwood has some good USA hammers also.

They are nice hammers but I’m old school and like the classic wood handles but some I have are fiberglass. I’ve looked at those before and they are definitely worth the money in my opinion.

Back