Trushield fuel stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this in my mom and pop hardware store or yesterday. Supposed to contain some PEA but by looking at the SDS it can't have much. It's made by the same people package Trufuel. Anybody got any experience with this product?
https://www.doitbest.com/products/704453
https://trufuel50.com/product-info/trushield/

SDS section 3 Composition / information on the ingredients:

Screenshot_20180927-071251.png

I do not but, I can't wait to here from others who have used it with good success. From the link you provided, it seems similar to Sta-Bil for its "up to 2 years of fuel stability". Similar in price as Sta-Bil per unit. Of course, price is always dependent.

It's always good to compare products, and M.D.S.S. can be helpful, but I'm no Chemist,
and most always stick with the well know products that have passed the test of time.

Not to change the subject, but;

I store my (Honda) Generator with a FULL tank of Gasoline / 87 octane, 10% Ethanol
I also add (RED) Sta-Bil at double the dose.
Once a year, I drain and refill the tank.
Last Weekend, after sitting for 12 Months, the Generator started with one pull of the rope.
I attribute the easy starting to it having a Honda Engine, but gasoline is gasoline.

I am quite pleased and to stack the deck in my favor even more,
I am now using Ethanol Free Gas and (Marine) Sta-Bil

I too store all of my OPE with fresh 87 octane w/E10 & proper dosage of Sta-Bil and they all start fine when I bring them out again for their specific season(snow blower/lawn mower, weed wacker/leaf blower). However unlike you, I don't drain the stored fuel and refill with fresh fuel and they still start fine after 6-8 months of storage.

Sure, I thought about using E0 w/Marine Sta-Bil but, I'm not having any issues with my equipment...'cept the recent leaf blower issue in another thread however, it has nothing to do with E10.

From their webpage:
" Contains advanced emulsifiers that actively remove water from fuel, prevent emulsion, and protect against phase separation."

That's a stupid statement. Contains emulsifiers that prevent emulsion... And how does it remove water?
What chemical on the MSDS indicates anything that will combine with water?
At least Seafoam has a chance. It contains IPA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back