Tried Liquid Glass yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put 2 coats of Liquid Glass on my new Silver RAV4 yesterday and I have to say I am blown away. I wanted to try this product since the vehicle is not garaged. Application was very easy....about the same as using the Meguiars #26. We'll see how well it holds up.

Car is only 7 weeks old. I did clay the hood and roof but it probably wasn't necessary. Applied the first coat then allowed it to bake in the sun for about 4 hours and applied coat #2.

Last edited:
I forgot all about this stuff. I think it has an old corvette on the bottle correct? I remember you have to back the product in the sun after application/removal. I wonder if mine is still any good? haha. It hasn't been touched in 10 years.

Good luck with the product!

Originally Posted By: vaboom123
I remember you have to back the product in the sun after application/removal.
I "backed" myself in the sun today...ouch!

I forgot all about this stuff. I think it has an old corvette on the bottle correct? I remember you have to back the product in the sun after application/removal. I wonder if mine is still any good? haha. It hasn't been touched in 10 years.

Good luck with the product!

Yes, that's it. I purchased it at my local Advance.

Originally Posted By: chartrue2
Is this Liquid Glass the car polish that you can buy at Advance Auto or something special. Can you supply more information about the product and source to purchase? Thanks!

If you google it multiple sources come up.

I have been using it for more than 15 years.
It is a quality product and will hold up very well.
I apply couple coats every spring and in the fall on all of my vehicles.

Yeah, it's an ancient product. Been around in some form since the 70s. I used LG and it's twin sister Finish First in the early 90s. Comparable to Klasse.

Used to be a solvent-based polymer sealant, more like Meguiars #20 (another ancient product). Don't know its current composition but probably not much different.

It should last a lot longer than Megs #26, NXT, or other natural wax.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
I remember you have to back the product in the sun after application/removal.
I "backed" myself in the sun today...ouch!

haha...whoops...don't you hate it when that happens

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Car is only 7 weeks old. I did clay the hood and roof but it probably wasn't necessary. Applied the first coat then allowed it to bake in the sun for about 4 hours and applied coat #2.

It's good to give an initial clay even on a newer vehicle. There can be junk on it from when it was being transported to the dealership etc. A fine clay was a great idea.

Liquid glass can be difficult to remove depending on how much product is used (thinner is always better across the board) but it sounds like you got it! Enjoy!

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Does anybody remember "Liquid Luster" that was sold at cars shows? It was a pink concoction.....

Ahhh, yes. And sold at fairs as well.

Liquid glass is one of those oldies but goodies. I think it's forgotten about among the myriad of "waxes" on the market today. Still does a great job, but I remember reading that its formulation was altered a few years back because it had some harsh chemical in it. I know the same thing happened to klasse awhile back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back