Liquid Glass Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
Looks like with a 24 month shelf life...people need to get busy and use/enjoy their Liquid Glass.

I have used LG polish a lot older than 24 months. Have not had any problems.

Lucky...as nearly all liquid car care products deteriorate and begin to break down chemically at that point.

The shelf life of most liquid car detailing products is 3-4 years, when not be exposed to prolonged extreme heat or cold. If a product were spoiled, it would never be unsafe to use it, it will just not perform/protect as well (and may be more difficult to apply/remove).

Pastes Waxes do tend to last beyond 2-3 years, simply because they are a paste vs a liquid.

Out of curiosity I went to the LG website. It gives the impression they are back in business and the copyright is 2018. We shall see.

Are people still using this? I want to give it a try but none sold here locally. Only way is to order it from Liquid Glass and pay $17 shipping to Honolulu. I haven't used this at all and only know of a classmate who did back in the late 1970s.

Originally Posted by anndel
Are people still using this? I want to give it a try but none sold here locally. Only way is to order it from Liquid Glass and pay $17 shipping to Honolulu. I haven't used this at all and only know of a classmate who did back in the late 1970s.

I use it and still recently used it. It works. I have 2 bottles and do not think I will go through all of them. Do you want to buy 1 from me? Brand new. Never opened. But who knows what shipping will be to you? Plus, it is liquid, so it may be ground only and take forever.

PM me if interested and I will send you my number or send me your number. I will text you.

There have just been so many products now and the main difference now is less mess and durability. As for the older products, they work perfectly like these new products. No new product makes your car any shinier.

They say the key to a good job is surface prep. If you prepare any surface of say 5 new cars and give a professional in the detailing business many different products ranging from products like Liquid Glass from the 1970s to the most recent products. Ask them to do 5 different cars with all 5 different products. Trust me, there would not be any major difference in looks. The only difference people are talking about now is water beading and whatever. But you wash your car for the looks and when it is clean. Not when it is raining or in mud.

So, I believe all products that had ever been to know to work still works same way. It is just that the market now is flooded. You see one company comes out with a ceramic spray. Then all companies come out with theirs. I mean. It is just business and marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back